LOTR EE Trilogy on Encore 11/25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

REB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Iowa
The Lord Of The Rings Extended Trilogy is on Encore tonight starting at 8 PM eastern.. Get the DVR's set!!!

I just saw a commercial on Encore where they confirmed that Sunday's showing will be the EE versions. Hopefully OAR as well but they didn't say anything about that.

Update: I'm watching Return of the King right now (2 AM, EST) and it is using the original aspect ratio. I know the first two films they showed were not OAR. So this might be a good sign for Sunday's EE showings.

Last edited:
I seem unable to edit my post above so I guess I'll just do a new post. As of 1 AM (EST) Sunday, it looks like they're showing the EE version of Fellowship (I just watched the scene with the Wood Elves heading to Grey Havens which I think only happens in the EE version) and the extra good news is that is in the original aspect ratio. Good news all around.

Now if the Encore logo wasn't so prominent--it could be faded down as on SMC.
Even the Starz logo is removed for much of the movie.
Just glad to get cleaner copies than TNT and in HD vs up-convert for TCM.
Now, will I keep only the EE or also the FS but abbreviated for the first two, or both for a while?
-Ken

Yeah, that logo is very annoying which is a shame because this is probably one of the few times that the EE versions, at OAR, and without commercial interruptions is ever going to be shown.

Decide to keep the EE versions despite the size--not much different than TNT's regular version.
Don't you just hate it when it says edited for TV for content and to run in the time allotted?
The "to fit your screen size" usually means cropped horizontally, too.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)