So sick of this 722 crap

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
I recently, and reluctantly, switched my connection from HDMI to Component so that I could use all the features of my receiver on my TV2 location. (HBO, MAX, Streaming, etc.) Now I come home and my stupid receiver has no output with component. HDMI works, but I can't use that until they fix the HDCP error with software. What do I have to do in order to just enjoy my programming and features that I pay for? Is it really too much to ask? Granted I got it working again, my point in this is just to vent. It just seems that every time I turn around it's something else. Oh and can someone tell me why when I have my receiver set to do updates at 2am it always tries to update around 3am? Not a huge deal, just doesn't seem right. Anyway thanks for listening and if anyone else is experiencing similar pains let me know.

Last edited:
Things fail. Some percent of everything fails. You need to call in for a replacement, assuming the no-output from component is not HDCP induced (something DISH has no control over).

I have no HDCP error with either of my ViP722s. Is it particular to dealing with your particular model of TV?

Things fail. Some percent of everything fails. You need to call in for a replacement, assuming the no-output from component is not HDCP induced (something DISH has no control over).

I have no HDCP error with either of my ViP722s. Is it particular to dealing with your particular model of TV?

HDCP problem has been happening since had 622 before 722, only problem when tv1 tv is off, been informed that a software release is in work to correct this known issue. Oh and problem occurs with two different hdtv's using hdmi. I do not want to get into arguments pertaining to this is a problem with the tv and not dish network, like i said known issue and in the works (of course that could mean never). Basically just fed up with all issues with 722 from slow response to long download for on demand programs to hdcp, that's all. One can only take so much. I have everything working now, just blowing off steam.

Up to pretty much this year the 722K was a good box but lately the 722K has been nothing but a headache for everyone. I refuse to upgrade my 722 with a 722K. I have more problems with customers 722K's then any other receiver combined, reminds me of the 522 mess.

I have tons of problems with my 722K's but it is better than the 612 is/was. That is one slow and buggy box!
I have a fairly zippy 722, and two fairly zippy 612s since shortly after they came out. And oh by the way they don't have the disappearing rental disease that my 722 has.

I have to say, my 612's (three) are not slow at all. And they work well with a hard reset each day. (That, and keeping the temperature down) Hopefully they will fix what appears to be issues since the SW change to the 722K.

I have to say, my 612's (three) are not slow at all. And they work well with a hard reset each day. (That, and keeping the temperature down) Hopefully they will fix what appears to be issues since the SW change to the 722K.

Yes as we all know the resets can help a box that gets, well let's say confused, but truly with the technology of the day should we really have to do so much to our own equipment just for it to work properly? That's really all I am saying, and I know there are people that will just say stop complaining or if I don't like it then switch to another company. To those people I say resist the urge and don't waste everyone's time, I am just trying to make a valid point. What is offered and sold should be delivered as such, bottom line. At least I can take solace in knowing that I am not alone in my troubles with this box.

My comment was more directed to the post that said the 612 was slow. And I stand by the hard reset each day or so. If that's all it takes to prevent any problem, big deal.
The 722K problem is different, and appears to be brought on by the software update. That does have to be fixed, as I posted.

two 722k's for two years, running hdmi to tv's and component to two atsc/qam encoders/modulators for whole house HD. at the most half dozen hard resets in that time.

ZvPro 250's , with outboard IR repeaters. Have the two 722k's component outputs feeding the ZvPro's, their outputs diplexed with the TV2 outs of the 722's, set up in dual mode, so I get 4 sd and 2 hd feeds. this feeds 9 lcd's through out the house. The HDMI outputs feed the HT setup.

Ah. You're that guy in Animal House screaming "Thank you sir. May I have another?"

It's consumers like you that accept failure who make it so hard for those of us that expect quality.

So while I watch TV with no reboots, in fact with no problems at all, simply by having a timer do a reset each night, you (or others) come here to complain that you have reboots or slow response etc and can't enjoy the system... Once again, if that timer is all it takes to make the receiver work great, big deal. You can choose to insist on perfection and never be happy, or you can see if you can overcome and be even happier. I want a receivers that works well, I have them.

Once again, if that timer is all it takes to make the receiver work great, big deal.
How long have you done this? I never did this to my 612's and they work pretty well. Perhaps it's time to pull the plug on those timers and watch what happens. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)