So sick of this 722 crap

It has been awhile. Good point, may not even need them now. I'll give it a try.

ZvPro 250's , with outboard IR repeaters. Have the two 722k's component outputs feeding the ZvPro's, their outputs diplexed with the TV2 outs of the 722's, set up in dual mode, so I get 4 sd and 2 hd feeds. this feeds 9 lcd's through out the house. The HDMI outputs feed the HT setup.

And what are you going to do when DISH is required to start enforcing HDCP on those component outputs?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/266729-hdcp-begin-hbo-comedy.html

While it may be JUST HBO Comedy now, who knows how many more channels this will happen to - which is why I am leary about investing that kind of $$$ on component (HD) mods like this... :eek:

hdmi splitter to an hd fury with component output. have the stuff, tried it out and it works. also I have no problem with hbo comedy.

Up to pretty much this year the 722K was a good box but lately the 722K has been nothing but a headache for everyone. I refuse to upgrade my 722 with a 722K. I have more problems with customers 722K's then any other receiver combined, reminds me of the 522 mess.

Are you referring to the slowdown bug? Does this mean the slowdown problems are only with the 722k and not the 722? I'm thinking about upgrading soon, but been seeing a lot of posts about problems with the 722 recently.

At the risk of being a broken record, I have both...and no slowdowns on either.

I find the button response slower--so slow that before anything happens I press the button again and end up in the wrong menu or canceling the operation. (Complaint: cancel in the DVR transfer menu stops the transfer rather than being a no-operation as elsewhere. Bad programming.)
-Ken

Are you referring to the slowdown bug? Does this mean the slowdown problems are only with the 722k and not the 722? I'm thinking about upgrading soon, but been seeing a lot of posts about problems with the 722 recently.

I've seen reports of 722s as well as 722Ks having the slowdown issue. I do see more reports of the 722K having the issue. What's funny for me is that from L662 thru L685 I had the slowdown bug (722K) but from L685 on I haven't had the issue on 2 722Ks. Both had the issue before L685. Yet some people didn't start getting the slowdown bug until after L685 (which was firmware released specifically to address the slowdown bug.) I almost feel bad for the DISH programmers, damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Overall, at the moment, it seems as if it is a gamble as to whether or not your 722/722K experience will be delightful, or painfully slow. Lucky for me, I seem to have beaten the odds since L685. My Mom just got herself a 722K, one of the first things I was thinking about was how I hope she doesn't get the slowdown bug. So far so good though.

I still think it's a risk worth taking though, especially if you only have a 622 or older receiver. If DISH had come out with a 622 during my Mom's upgrade, I would have sent them on their merry way, until they came back with at least a 722, but preferably a 722K.

Last edited:
Overall, at the moment, it seems as if it is a gamble as to whether or not your 722/722K experience will be delightful, or painfully slow. Lucky for me, I seem to have beaten the odds since L685. My Mom just got herself a 722K, one of the first things I was thinking about was how I hope she doesn't get the slowdown bug. So far so good though....

I guess it wouldn't be too much of a gamble for me because I'm using a 522 and 625 :) and was hoping and waiting for the XiP whole house DVR but from the sounds of the XiP they won't do 4 live channels at the same time. I might wait until after January and see what Dish says about XiP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)