LOTR: HD Dvd or Blue Ray or Both

Hoopnoop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
As a potential new HD DVD purchaser here is my question. Will the LOTR moves become aligned with HD DVD or Blue Ray or both? The only thing I know is that they are New Line Cinema. So, I'm hoping its both but I would hate to get an HD DVD player to find out that they have done an exclusive with Blue Ray.

Any speculation?

New Line Cinema has been supportive of HD DVD, so my guess it will be released as HD DVD or perhaps in both formats. Just my guess.

Hoopnoop said:
As a potential new HD DVD purchaser here is my question. Will the LOTR moves become aligned with HD DVD or Blue Ray or both? The only thing I know is that they are New Line Cinema. So, I'm hoping its both but I would hate to get an HD DVD player to find out that they have done an exclusive with Blue Ray.

Any speculation?
New line is distributed through Warner. It supports both HD DVD and Blue ray. Nothing on release dates for LOTR yet.

I bet that they will come out in both formats. The is more money in more formats.

From what I've read, it definitely looks like LOTR will be made available on HD DVD but with no known release date.

In the meantime, I found the following link which is pretty neat. It compares an HD image with an SD image for selected scenes from LOTR. The results are pretty amazing and leads me to anxiously anticipate the HD DVD launch of LOTR.

http://www.cornbread.org/FOTRCompare/index.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)