Lot's of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had installed it at one time at DBSTalk, I guess after they upgraded they decided not to add it again.

Enjoy the new features! :D

BTW tuxcoder, did you notice when anyone now types ftalist it automatically links to your site. :D

After customizing forum listing, when hitting any of the new posts option, I get the following:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the SatelliteGuys.US database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Scott Greczkowski said:
BTW tuxcoder, did you notice when anyone now types ftalist it automatically links to your site. :D
Cool, ftalist I'll have to ftalist try it out ftalist sometime. :D

cdru said:
Yup. That and the useless FTA crap. :p

If you don't use it, you have every right to block it :)

Heck, if Voom wasn't going to go ka-boom on 4/30, I would have deleted that area too :D

JBKing said:
After customizing forum listing, when hitting any of the new posts option, I get the following:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the SatelliteGuys.US database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Im looking into it JB so far you are the only one having this issue (I get emails where there is an error like that)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It only does it once per thread. :)
Maybe the inverse filter is on, but to me it seems that it omits the first, but then url-izes the second and subsequent instances of it.

And that excludes quoted messages where the first one appears in a quote. ;)

We're just giving you a hard time, Scott, in general it looks like this is a pretty successful and positive set of changes. :)

Don't think so. I'm not a staff in this forum and I have the edit button for my psots I guess I should've said, not me ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Duplicate IP tracker
This is for staff use, it helps them track down and identify people with many accounts using the same IP address. You would be surprised how often we have some wierd users creating threads then logging on under another name having conversations with themselves.

With this new tool we can quickly find these folks and put a stop to it. :)

Hi Scott! I have a question about this as my husband and I have separate accounts here but are on a network and share the same IP address. Does this mean one or both of our posts will get blocked if we are both logged in?

One more question (was just going to edit the original post- but the edit box seems to have gone a-missing, weird).

I was wondering, have you guys been using this feature already before this? He'd had the problem with his posts showing up (sometimes up to an hour delay before his would appear, but mine whould show up right away). He hasn't posted anything lately so I don't know if it's still happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.