Lot's of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
deeann said:
Hi Scott! I have a question about this as my husband and I have separate accounts here but are on a network and share the same IP address. Does this mean one or both of our posts will get blocked if we are both logged in?

there are two accounts in my house as well. one for me and one for the boys. however, i don't have conversations with myself either. will i lose one of the accounts as well?

hdtvtechno said:
What happens when people have dsl or cable modem service, whos ip changes everytime :)

Cable Modems and DSL IP addresses stay basically the same and also the reverse DNS shows more details and without getting into specifics we can normally narrow a user down to a specific node. :)

Dialup users get a different IP everytime they dial in, howver they are usually dialing into a back of 4 to 20 modems at their ISP so the IP numbers usually match up well. :D

JBKing I just got another database error report from you. Was that from the search string I gave you above or did yu try one of the other ones from the navigation menu?

While I am not happy your getting errors I am happy that your the only one its been happening to or else my mailbox would be full. :D

korsjs said:
there are two accounts in my house as well. one for me and one for the boys. however, i don't have conversations with myself either. will i lose one of the accounts as well?

No no no. Everything is fine. We have had a few cases (especially in our VOOM forum) where users post then post as someone else to try stiring up some controversy.

Now when we have a trouble maker we can look and see who else they may be. :D

dfergie said:
No edit button ...Here... I did edit some earlier posts though in other threads...

You can't edit in this forum. (The operations center) :)

I turned off editing here to members and pub members so no one could change their answers in the 942 contest last week.

Thats all I needed was for someone to be in the chat when I announced the winning numbers then came in and tried changing their entry to claim they won.

Look in the other forums you have your edit button there. :D

Ya know, the last time someone around here added "new features" they then announced they would be shutting down at the end of the month!

:)

Just an update just got a few errors from bryan27 as well so JB your not alone. I am looking into it. :D

Scott, I tried both your link and the new post link at the top of the page, both at work and at home. :confused:

I must be special....

Well I did some work and have not received any more errors which is a good thing. :)

Anyone using the Stock Portfolio? If you are leave me feedback. :D

Scott - the customize forum listing isn't letting me hide the last 4 usenet forums:

alt.video.ptv.tivo (25 Viewing)
rec.arts.tv (16 Viewing)
rec.video.cable-tv (6 Viewing)
rec.video.satellite.dbs (15 Viewing)

I select them in the CP option, hit the save button, they still show as selected in the list, but then going back to the forum listing, those 4 are still there. Is there a upper limit to the number of forums you can hide? I have 27 of them hidden before those 4, so that may be part of it.

But, that's a great feature! I'll definitely be talking to Chris about it for DBSTalk as well.

You have to individually select each forum, just selecting the category, does nothing.

But it sounds like you are doing this, so maybe there is something up?

And, of course the next logical step is to add a new posts option to fetch new posts only from non-hidden forums. Is that possible with this hack?

BFG said:
You have to individually select each forum, just selecting the category, does nothing.

But it sounds like you are doing this, so maybe there is something up?

I did. :)

Bryan, I click on your second link there, and end up with many pages of new posts from the internet forums that I do have successfully hidden. I don't think that's quite the answer.

It works for me, so maybe something is wrong with your hidden pages.

Woot! 4,000 Posts!!!! :)

I am so glad that the editing of what forums we search through is finally here. I have been wanting that feature for a long time and will be the best feature in my opinion on this site. It reminds me of the hide locked channels feature on the receivers.

May have something figured out Scott. :)

I'm embarrassed to admit, but I had most of the forums hidden when I received the error. I really only care about the D* and E* forums, and of couse the Pub area! :D After going back and unhiding a few, it looks like 27 is the most forums you can hide. After 28, I start getting the error. Seems to work fine now.

Now, if only the new posts button will just show your posts from your unhidden forums..... :D

Interesting, look above and you'll see markdl also seems to have discovered the magic 27 hidden forums limit.

Heh, so it is a lot more like a dish receiver as stargazer said, with a limit on favorites like the 811 had :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)