Lots of rumors now that AT&T could buy Dish just for the wireless spectrum

AT&T has the worst customer service period!Problem is there are no alternatives when it comes to dsl and there is no cable here so its AT&T or no dsl.Bellsouth was much faster at resolving issues,AT&T gobbled them up.So imho worst case scenario would be for AT&T to get their hands on Dish!
I hear on that but AT&T isn't as bad a Suckenlink cable. I had the later got major screwed by them and had to contact AT&T. Really wish that the "local" fiber people were all over the city instead of just the SW part and head to smaller towns. that direction in my area. I'd dump a\AT&T in a hot second.

Here is the issue.

The problem is that everyone thinks that Dish is an internet and phone company, and they want to be able to bundel it with their Television service.

We are loosing 40% of our potential sales right now because there is no good solution out there to sell telephone and internet services.

So my feelings its either all or nothing. Either Dish sells both the satellite television and the wireless spectrum, or they don't sell anything at all.

If the wireless spectrum gets sold out from under Dish, they are going to contunue to loose customers every quarter like they have been doing for the past 2 years.

When it comes to people wanting to bundle, it's all or nothing. Offer all three service or at least bundle with another provider or get out of the game. Period. Unless you are going to drop your prices a LOT on the one service you offer (like Magic Jack or Net Talk does) and I do not see Dish Network cutting their prices that much.

I'm starting a rumor that Dish is looking to buy AT&T.

The AT&T rumor is a normal year-end event. This time, they could be after DISH's bandwidth. That would make going to an HR-34 and HM-HDDVR easier.
Don't forget the rumor that DISH is going to buy T-Mobile so that AT&T can't buy it and they can kick out T-Mobile management in Bellevue. Plus DISH could buy Redbox as well.

Last edited:
Every time one of these kinds of deals is allowed to go through, customer service gets worse, levels of service goes down, and prices go up. XM/Sirrius is a good example. SBC merging with BellSouth, aka AT&T, is another. Meanwhile they lobby the states to prevent competition. I ended up dropping BS DSL and went back to cable for Internet which is now light years better. Competition is good. IMO, I don't think a deal like this will go through.

AT&T just got FCC approval for their Qalcomm spectrum purchase. AT&T is still sitting on the largest spectrum holdings in the US. They just are continuing to skimp on the number of towers and backhaul to make the most of what they have. If AT&T worked at it like the cell companies in EU they would would not have this "spectrum shortage"

AT&T needs to put money into their network instead of all the top guys sitting on it. They're trying to grow their network the lazy way, buy buying other companies. If they'd start putting in more towers that would help get some Americans back to work. See here in Altoona, PA the Old AT&T (before Cingular wireless took over) spend a great deal of money upgrading out network so it works good around here so I'm glad I don't need customer support often. I only stick around because of the roll over minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If AT&T buys Dish I am gone from dish forever.I will never get anything from AT&T again.I agree brad1138 about AT&T 100% :)

If E* were to merge with a cell co. would it be possible for a E* sub to watch their current live E* channels they sub to on their smart phone and not use sling?

That seems to be the future Ergan has seen in his crystal ball. That and a whole lot of servers and IPTV are much cheaper than 6+ satellites serving his subscribers today.

Ever notice that EVERY Year before CES this old AT&T buying DISH rumor comes up?

Don't believe the hype. :)

I sure hope you are correct Scott. If it happened it could put me out of a job. Our business basically runs on the residuals from a lot of large commercial jobs we have done over the last 10+ years. We are a small company, but we run the TV system for an entire state's prison system, and a lot of other large business'. If ATnT bought Dish, they could decide all previous residuals are null and void and we would be screwed. I really don't want to be out looking for a job in this economy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts