Lots of static on audio on 1 of 4 tvs..??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ennui84

Original poster
May 15, 2010
US
Hi,

We just got Directv about 2 weeks ago. It's our first time with a dish so I don't know if this is a common problem. We've got 4 tvs in our house and only 1 of them is acting up. The audio is really messed up, lots of static but the image looks great.

How can I fix this? No one has messed around with any wires so I know it's not that. I tried turning it off then back on thinking maybe it would stop, but it didn't.

:confused:

D12-500

And I don't know how it's connected... :what

Each tv has it's own receiver, if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
D12-500

And I don't know how it's connected... :what

Each tv has it's own receiver, if that's what you mean.

What kind of cables are you using from the receiver to the tv? Are you listening through the tv or external amp of some kind?

From what I see, there are only 2 cables (thick ones, the kind that you pug in then twist to tighten) on the back of the receiver. One from the wall/dish to the receiver and another from the box to the tv.

We're listening through the tv. They are all set up that way, but it's only the one in the living room that sounds this way.

That is a coaxial cable connection, the poorest possible type of connection. Are you using channel 3 or channel 4 to watch the satellite on your TV? If it is channel 3 try going to ch4 if it is ch4 try ch3 your AFC on the TV may not have locked onto the receivers modulator. The other thing you can try is swapping 2 receivers and see if the problem moves with the receiver or stays with the TV.

What types of TV's?

I would like to see if there is another connection method because like said above the F-type connection sure isn't the way to go unless you just have to.

Is this on every channel?

That is a coaxial cable connection, the poorest possible type of connection. Are you using channel 3 or channel 4 to watch the satellite on your TV? If it is channel 3 try going to ch4 if it is ch4 try ch3 your AFC on the TV may not have locked onto the receivers modulator. The other thing you can try is swapping 2 receivers and see if the problem moves with the receiver or stays with the TV.

:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)