LOUSY OVERSEAS CSR - Why should I stay with E*?

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
I thought I would let everyone know my problems with E* CSR and my attempts to get a 722 HDVR.

Today I called wanting to do the Dishn Up; upgrading my 625 dvr for 722 dvr (currently have a vip211 and 301 also).

After speaking to some oversea CSR, I was left for 20 minutes on hold to get me the pricing to upgrade and finally hung up.

Later this afternoon, I chatted with a CSR and was told I have no option to upgrade the dvr for lease, only a purchase option of $549.00. I currently have two months left on my E* contract, and written letter from E* stating I have until 11/9/07 to cancel my NHL Centerice Package without penalty.

I mentioned to the CSR, I would have to be crazy to pay $549 for the hdvr, when I could go to D* for $199 net after rebate; get over 70 hd channels and as a bonus would now be able to my locals in hd (buffalo ny area - dish doesn't offer them), get the YES Network (dish doesn't offer it), plus the options for NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Centerice, and MLB Extra Innings.

In all final fairness to E*, I emailed a letter of complaint to a contact I have made with the E* executive office, whom helped me out with a previous problem with billing, along with a "cc" to the CEO.

I just wanted to vent my frustrations here and will let everyone know what happens, if and when I hear back from E*. :confused: Otherwise, I will be joining masses moving to D*.

update on lousy CSR

I received an email back from E* corporate within an hour, offering me the 722 for $99 after instant rebate of $100. It seems some people at E* do care about us loyal subscribers, you just have to be able to contact the right ones. :)

Just wondering, do I really want the 722 for $100 or 622 for $49? Will both use the broadband connection to eliminate the extra turner fee, whereas I only I don't have a landline phone in service any longer.:confused:

If you ask for "advanced technical support" you'll usually get an American.

Also...you're in WNY, not sure if you go through Intertech, but if you do, call them. Sometimes they'll put you through the dealer line.

I would DEFINITELY pay the extra fifty bucks for the ViP722. Differences: Black; larger hard disk; newer Broadcom chip to support DishOnline HD VOD (and reportedly give better PQ all around); builtin HomePlug.

I'm wondering what amount I'd pay to up from my ViP622 to a ViP722. Next year, maybe.

I must say I enjoyed reading the responses posted above. :D

Headquarters makes up for overseas CSR

I received an email back from E* corporate within an hour, offering me the 722 for $99 after instant rebate of $100. It seems some people at E* do care about us loyal subscribers, you just have to be able to contact the right ones. :)

I had my new 722 installed on Saturday, and it is truly amazing the results you get when you email the corporate headquarters. Everything my corporate contact promised me was done, including doing some rewiring where I now only need my 722 and 211 receivers. Prior to the upgrade I had 211, 625 and 311, and being charged an extra $5 a month for the dual turner, because I do not have a landline (the broadband connection on the 722 took care of the extra $5.00 per month receiver fee).

Furthermore, I was not required to accept an additional 18 month committment and my $100 rebate was instantly applied to my account.

Great job Dishnet, in keeping a 4 year subscriber happy.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts