Lousy Wildblue Customer Service

budabing103

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
I just posted this thread in the FAP sticky that will show you word for word what I mean when I say Wildblue Sucks. http://www.satelliteguys.us/broadband-forum/55184-satellite-inet-users-aware-3.html

But the gist of the story is the wildblue FAP states: "We will notify you via your WildBlue contact email address if your Usage Total reaches 80% or more of the Usage Threshold. If at any time your Usage Total is above the Usage Threshold, your usage has violated the FAP and we will reduce your WildBlue access speeds, typically to 128 kbps in the downstream (from the Internet to you) and 28 kbps in the upstream (from you to the Internet), and you may experience a loss of connectivity during peak usage periods (collectively, “Reduced Access”). Once your speeds have been reduced, you must decrease your usage to bring your Usage Total to 70% or less of the Usage Threshold. Once your Usage Total reaches this level, your access speeds will be restored to the original speed levels by the next day."

I was fapped on 3/27/08 and was below the 70% point by 3/31/08 and wild blue is telling me I have to wait 30 days before they will reinstate my full download speeds.

And there customer service is piss poor. Over two hours on the phone with them today and more online with a chat that I posted a link to above and nothing resolved. I have been fapped before but it usually only took a week to get reinstated as was the case on 2/20/08 with the same account. Reinstated on 2/29/08.

Anyone else having this problem with Wilblue.

Yes!!! I have the exact same situation...but I see that you actually got to talk to a real person!
It took me 3 nights to finally get through, (50 min wait 1st night...hung up..35 min 2nd night...hung up) got through tonight after only 20 minutes. I upgraded to the top package last month and after 2 weeks of doing bandwidth test NEVER got more than 37k upload!! 3 days ago they emailed me and said I had used more than 5 GIG upload in the last 2 weeks!!! I talked to 3 different people and told them there is no way that happened and the response was "that's your problem, not ours!" I came to this site to see what my options are...I hope misery enjoys company!

I hear HughesNet users in addition to WildBlue users complain about their performance and customer service. Some are reporting having to wait 1-2 months or longer to get their system repaired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)