Love direct despise pricing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The truth to the matter is, box fees are all profit and that is what often makes a cable bill unbearable. The price for the big boy package to us is 114... and the cost to them is maybe 55-60. The average sub is okay with paying the market price of 114, but once you add on the ludacris box fees, dvr fees, outlet fees and access fees etc.. it gets out of hand .. But it's the only pure profit a company sees that doesn't go back to the networks and that's why providers flog it. The only reason for it, it's all profit.

Last edited:
The times are tough line doesn't work when you spend so much anyway.

I would agree. I just feel that direc have become fat cats.
Not sure why thats happened? Theres plenty of competition out there these days.

Truth be told unfortuneatly I feel that direcs product might be the best. The HD picture is really that good.
But their constant increase is mind boggling.
So the question is pay the high price or take a slightly less HD picture and shave 80 bucks off my bill.
Same package but sports packages not there.

Truth be told unfortuneatly I feel that direcs product might be the best. The HD picture is really that good.
So the question is pay the high price or take a slightly less HD picture and shave 80 bucks off my bill.

Constant increase ? Once a year just like every other company, some more than once a year.

Well ive noticed actually more than that. Ive jumped up 4 times this year.
Im not joking.

The truth to the matter is, box fees are all profit and that is what often makes a cable bill unbearable. The price for the big boy package to us is 114... and the cost to them is maybe 55-60. The average sub is okay with paying the market price of 114, but once you add on the ludacris box fees, dvr fees, outlet fees and access fees etc.. it gets out of hand .. But it's the only pure profit a company sees that doesn't go back to the networks and that's why providers flog it. The only reason for it, it's all profit.

All profit huh? It has nothing to do with the fact that the box (which you don't own) costs $500 or so (which you pay nothing up front for) and they replace it free if it malfunctions? The DVR fee? Why aren't you bitching about Tivo and what they charge to use their box? Some fees are stupid to be itemized, like the HD fee. And yes there is no reason that we should pay a fee for MRV, just like the old 'mirroring fee' was stupid. But don't claim something is 'pure profit' without knowing anything about it.

I am thinking about changing to D*, but if they increase their fees 4 times in a year, I may not want any part of that.

I am thinking about changing to D*, but if they increase their fees 4 times in a year, I may not want any part of that.

The base package rates change once a year in Feb, been that way for many years without miss. Both the past couple years most packages went up $3/yr. This year extra receivers went from $5 to $6 each, the first significant increase on that in a decade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)