Low audio leve from 211

Baltzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
NE PA USA
When I signed on with DISH I noticed a slightly lower audio level from the 222k than from my other source components, not a big difference but I always had to adjust the audio level when switching from the 222k to another source and vice-versa. When I swapped the 222k for a 211+EHD the audio level difference became alot worse. I have to adjust the audio up so much for the 211 that I'm concerned about harming my equipment when switching to any other source. I (usually) remember to lower the volume level before switching but my girlfriend rarely remembers and my speakers are driven to extremely high levels. The 211's audio is low from all outputs: to my HDTV via HDMI, to my surround receiver via the optical output and to my SDTV via RG-6. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way to adjust the 211's audio output levels?
Baltzer

Sounds like you have volume leveling enabled. Go Menu, System Setup, Audio Output....disable. See if that helps.

They really shouldn't have "volume leveling" on by default. It makes everything sound bad and every DISH receiver I encounter that has it I turn it off.

Sorry, I should have added that the 211's audio output settings are: volume leveling- disabled, decoder- DD/PCM, mode-line and that the problem was evident when I originally got the 211, before adding the EHD. If there are no other suggestions and if no other members have the same problem I have to assume I have a defective receiver. Could any DIRT members weigh in on this?

Baltzer

the 211 audio is a smidge lower than other receivers I've worked with. I have a 211k and notice that too (hooked via component)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts