Low Freq. Splitter Works

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
I'm waiting for my 950-2150mhz 2-way splitter to come via snail mail, I had a 2-way 5-1000mhz splitter sitting around with power passing so I thought I would try it on my satellite system. I didn't think it would, but it works just fine passing the 950-2150 signals through. Should these not work to pass the hi-freq signal of satellite? I'm using it with my HH motor to inject 18V to run the motor and split the signal to the LNBF.

The frequency rating of a splitter indicates the certified bandwidth that it has passed remaining within the specifications. You may note that as the IF frequency increases, the performance suffers. The signal loss above 1000MHz maybe steep or a gradual roll-off. You may have splitters that actually pass the higher frequencies without attenuation. :D

just thought it was strange. Thanks for the reply. By the way I have my 21v power inserter moving my HH motor and it's working perfectly. Just need to get my hi-freq splitter and I should be all set. Thanks for all your help Brian.:oldsmile2

Reactions: Titanium
If your are only using it for FTA then the upper limit is only 1450Mhz and not 2150. The same goes for RG6 cable, do you really need 3Ghz cable for FTA?

If your are only using it for FTA then the upper limit is only 1450Mhz and not 2150. The same goes for RG6 cable, do you really need 3Ghz cable for FTA?

Qualifying this statement... If you are using a standard LO LNBF for receiving North American FTA FSS channels then the upper range is 1450MHz.

If you are going after international downlink frequencies using a Universal LNB with LO 9750 or a wideband C-Band then the upper frequency is 1750MHz. If you are using bandstacked LNBFs, the entire tuner range to 2150MHz is used.

Reactions: jorgek and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts