Low power c band signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

etlam34

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2017
Quebec city
Has anybody noticed less signal quality on 58w lately?

last year i was able to pull in almost everything off this satellite using my 6ft solid dish with a titanium c1 pll lnb and a freesat v7hd.

i seem to be only getting the bare minimum signal on each satellite that i tried between 40w and 133w like low 40’s for dvb-s and 60’s for dvb-s 2.

i know i should’ve gotten the 8ft dish but it cost 3x as much as what i paid for my 6ft (200$ cad on amazon).

97w is now my strongest signal (last year it was 91w).

Attachments

• 673EF379-A145-4DC0-A5C2-AB3840822BA0.jpeg
    673EF379-A145-4DC0-A5C2-AB3840822BA0.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 309
Justice network on 97w seems to be dropping in and out.

i get 60% quality then after 2 minutes the signal drops for about 5 seconds and comes back on.

i’ve taken out the sathero outside and noticed that the signal stays at about 38% and then goes down below threshold at 28% for 5 seconds.

Anybody else experiencing this?

thank you for your help!

Justice and Grit come in strong here in a 12 footer. I do notice a few clicks needed to peak signal on each one.
Just for giggles peak it and then give your dish bottom rim a push and tug and see if your signal changes.
I know in the fall and spring with earth tilt I find myself tweaking polar angle a touch to get the weak ones stronger.

Justice network on 97w seems to be dropping in and out.

i get 60% quality then after 2 minutes the signal drops for about 5 seconds and comes back on.

i’ve taken out the sathero outside and noticed that the signal stays at about 38% and then goes down below threshold at 28% for 5 seconds.

Anybody else experiencing this?

thank you for your help!
I just checked and can confirm the drop although it was not every two minutes for me. It was steady for at least 10 minutes at 70Q then dropped to 65Q for a few seconds then back to steady 70Q. Dish is a 10ft SAMI with Titanium C2-PLL.

97w - 3906 H 3000 Justice Network has a steady SNR of 13.5 - 13.6dB. Have no signal drops or glitches. 10' w/Titanium C2-PLL / Edision OS Mio 4k running TNAP 3.2.

Likely the errors from the undersize reflector become uncorrectable resulting in loss of momentary signal lock.

Reactions: Comptech
Has anybody noticed less signal quality on 58w lately?

last year i was able to pull in almost everything off this satellite using my 6ft solid dish with a titanium c1 pll lnb and a freesat v7hd.

i seem to be only getting the bare minimum signal on each satellite that i tried between 40w and 133w like low 40’s for dvb-s and 60’s for dvb-s 2.

i know i should’ve gotten the 8ft dish but it cost 3x as much as what i paid for my 6ft (200$ cad on amazon).

97w is now my strongest signal (last year it was 91w).

Yeah I have notice that 58 is weaker this year as well, you can try to move your elevation up on certain TP's on 58 .

Thanks for checking in on these signals guys! I just saw on another forum that intelsat is filing for bankruptcy, I hope this hobby doesn’t disappear! I’ve been using fta satellite tv since 2004!

Thanks for checking in on these signals guys! I just saw on another forum that intelsat is filing for bankruptcy, I hope this hobby doesn’t disappear! I’ve been using fta satellite tv since 2004!
I seen that and this is exactly why I didn't start a thread about it. I feared too many "the sky is falling" posts. :)
Read the article! C-band will still be around for many years....and so will intelsat.

Reactions: phlatwound

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)