Low PQ on specific channels and/or days & times

dlarkin_dc

Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Picture quality Thursday and Friday nights are awful, and old issue that has come back with the fall lineup starting up again. Fox and WB, BBC and SyFy I noted were very very poor PQ.

I've been having the same problem for almost a year, from day one I switched to digital TV. I've had three truck rolls four phone calls to support. I feel that I can honestly say that Cox cannot fix this by themselves. That's putting it politely.

Anyone know what Cox has for local digital TV distribution? Are there repeaters on poles, are DTV signals generated locally from a backbone fiber feed? That's the kind of things I'm looking to find out.

Does anyone knows how many homes per repeater, if it's one per street or development, what they look like or what models are used so I can research it, or anything that helps me pin down the weak link in the neighborhood.

Where I am going with this is, I am trying to determine if a picture quality issue is localized. Knowing what the distribution topography is at the neighborhood level will help me (and Cox) figure out what and where something is going wrong.

Anyone? Any help?

Dave