Low priced lcd from Olevia & Vizio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jaturn1

Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
Hello Everyone,

I interested it buying a 32" or 37" lcd as a 2nd set for my family room.

Does anyone have any experiences with the following models:

Vizio L32HDTV or L37HDTV

Olevia 332H or 337H

Are they decent units?? Who makes their panels??

Thanks in advance for you help!!:) :hatsoff:

About a month ago I bought my very first LCD-TV (Vizio 37") from Costco for $1000.

My old TV is a 27" Sony Wega CRT screen, so I don't have any other LCD-TVs to compare it to.

I have Dish (no HD) hooked up to it and can get my local HD channels. I must say I'm very impressed with the HD local channels. Watching the nature shows on PBS is quite a treat.

Now I haven't really tried to tweak the Vizio too much, so maybe my main issue with the "banding" (example, looking at a sky shot and not seeing a smooth sky but bands of blue) could be eliminated.

I have to admit, I would have prefered to get a Sony, as I like their products, but I figured the price point is quite good for a "beginning" LCD-TV user such as myself.

The TV itself is very nice. One thing I didn't like was that the only S-Video port is on the side, so if anything is plugged in there you have cords hanging out the side of the TV.

Otherwise I had plenty of other ports to plug in my VCR, DVD, and Satelite into.

The remote isn't that great from an "ergo" standpoint. I don't care for the buttons, but that's not such an issue as Dish is the most watched thing on the TV.

That's all I can think of. Feel free to ask more questions about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)