Low Shaw Direct signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bootlegger

Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Colorado
I have been using my Starchoice system for almost 10 years without a problem. I had set up again after a couple of weeks and cannot get a signal over 45. I am in Denver CO areaClear line of sight. No hd channels for the most part, getting frustrated, any suggestions?

Moisture in your connector(s) from all the snow??? I use the T&B Snap-N-Seal connectors to guard against moisture propagation.

I am south of you and have noticed no sudden signal problems. So I don't think it's a satellite footprint issue.

In addition to the previous poster's advice, is it possible your dish needs to be peaked for maximum signal? Mine tends to degrade over time due to wind or other factors that tweak the dish. You could test it by exerting light pressure on the dish in each of the four directions (without loosening any clamps). If the signal strength or the ebno increases when you apply pressure, you can then loosen the clamps SLIGHTLY and move the dish SLIGHTLY in the direction(s) that improve your signal.

I had and old 301 system (9 years) and it was just wear-n-tear that did it in (I now have a HD505 system). LNB was getting old and was effecting my signal reception.

what dish/LNB type do you have?

Is it an older receiver? I've seen some older receivers just "die" for no reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)