low signal second turner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

macsouth

Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
south
when I connect my second turner (H20) I get errors and low signal on this turner, several channels come up missing and the receiver locks on to this trner

when I connect my second turner (H20) I get errors and low signal on this turner, several channels come up missing and the receiver locks on to this trner

Have you tried to swap the cables to see if the problem moves to tuner 1? If it does then you know you have a cable issue, if not then you know it is a receiver issue. I have to say this is something I have seen several times on an HR20.

Assuming that you meant HR20, what dish do you have and is there another multiswitch connected? As posted above, swap the lines on the back and see if the problem goes to the other tuner.

HR20, I have seen this problem, check the polarity of your wall outlet with a 3prong outlet tester, every time ive encountered this on an HR20 (3 times) it's been reversed polarity on the wall outlet, switched it to a new outlet with an extension cord, problem went away...... the 20 series with 3 prongs didn't like that too much
It's worth a shot to check it

Scarebear...interesting tidbit, I'll have to check that out. I have one HR20 with the 3 pronger thats been giving me low signal on tuner two intermittently. I have it plugged into a UPS but I'm not sure if that'd help, make it worse or just pass it on through...

I had a coax-run for one of my tuners die while I had my R15...it didn't gradually lose signal..it all at once just locked signal. The box behaved as described...it was locked on that tuner regardless of what I did. I had to wind up resetting the box up as a single tuner till I was able to run another run.

I suppose my biggest problem was the one cable run was an "after-thought" from 9 years ago when we moved a box to the back of the house...we just piggybacked off some already existing RG-59...worked for a while..then like a light switch, just died. I wound up replacing it with some RG6 that actually has an f-connector in the chain cuz it wasn't long enough....

my signal is about the same on both tuners, some having a slightly stronger signal on one and some flip around....but, like everyone else said, check the coax run...i've seen rg6 up and die for no reason.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)