Low signal strength -- how can I get it higher

LarryHes

Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
I have a Superdish installed and use a DP301 receiver. In early 2004, local channels became available and installers setup the Superdish to receive the signal from the new satellite, 118 I believe. The installation could not get the three satellites and after about 4 service calls, they concluded I could not receive local channels. Although they were to come back and reinstall my old dish, they never came back. About 8 months ago, got the local channels from sat 110 and had acceptable reception until about two months ago. Now it consistenly loses the signal except for the local channels. Signal strength for the local channels is 80 to 90. All other signals from sat 110 and 119 are in the range of 40 to 60. Dish wants money to come out and correct. I have told them they should correct it free. I currently am the loser. Would like some thoughts on how to improve the strength of the signal. Minor dish pointing tweaks haven't helped.

The elevation on 110 is much higher than for 119. There may be some branches in the way of 119 when the wind blows. I get 110, 119 and 121 on the super dish. The only low readings I get are on the odd transponders of 121. The Dish N. techs here in Central VA are typically not experienced or well trained. Pointing the dish correctly is not one of their strengths. The dumbing down of America has probably arrived your way too. I always have to call an independent local tech to get anything done on time and done right. It's more expensive, but worth it.

Big 10 network HD on 9500

Satellite Guys Tech Support > Dish Network clueless techs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)