Big 10 network HD on 9500

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Saw this on the chat, but no mention of all games in HD this Saturday? the slate said all games in SD and HD.

but no word on if the extra 4 games in HD will be shown on Dish? I know in SD they are but no word of HD on 9501, 9502, 9503 and 9504 maybe???

Yep, saw that about channel 9500. I called in and asked about the games in HD. A very nice gal who didn't know anything said, ''If you have an HD receiver you may get the games in HD.''

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out if nothing obvious shows up in the uplink report on wednesday.

Yeah nothing we've seen so far says the overflow games will be HD (unless you interpret the charlie chat slate that way). Everything I've seen so far has talked about the 24/7 HD simulcast of the main channel.

I hope i'm wrong.

I hope they dump the HD-PPV channels (since they will have 9) and turn those into the overflow channels. Taking a few hours out of the day to convert them over to BTN HD alternatives should not be a big deal.

For my fellow Minnesotans, I think we are out of luck for HD. hdsportsguide.com does not show the gopher game in HD and gophersports.com lists it being on ESPN 360.

For my fellow Minnesotans, I think we are out of luck for HD. hdsportsguide.com does not show the gopher game in HD and gophersports.com lists it being on ESPN 360.
I saw that, and checked espn 360 doesnt seem to be offered by comcast or qwest in our area
bad news indeed
we still have radio 830 wcco

One of my Big Ten contacts says that BTN will be producing ALL football games in HD, and it was his understanding that the overflow games would be carried by Dish and Directv in HD as well.

We'll see this weekend. They could use the PPV channels either directly or on a time-share basis (where a PPV goes dark during a game).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)