Low Signal Strength on 123°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello Friend's,

I've been getting low signal strength on freq 11800 (123°W G18), it's dropped enough to tile the picture, This has been going on for a few weeks now I believe. It's sort of a irratic signal but all the other freqs are fine. I tried a blindscan but nothing changed. I tried tweaking the numbers a bit but no luck. Is anybody having the same problem? :confused:

Thanks

I'm wondering if they changed the footprint, I say this because some report good signal and it looks like us guys in CA are low, anybody notice a pattern with locations?

Maybe we should take a survey, lol

I get it fine on a 30" here in Colorado. 70 signal quality on a Traxis 3500. The transponder with the VA Knowledge Network guide seems to waver between a good lock at 70 and no lock at all here depending on the time of day.

This is due to 125w fired up now. Smaller reflectors may no longer play well due to the close proximity of 125. If your dish is 2 degree compliant you should be able to tweak it to null out the adjacent bird. I went through this with my 84 cm dish over a month ago. Since my dish is 2 degree compliant I was able to bump the azimuth and elevation a tad and get good solid signal again. I you do that and still can't get results you will need to get a better efficiency or larger reflector to resolve this.

Yea I have problems too

I have had problems on 123 too. But I had a few excuses. The neighbors tree. But now that it is fall. I thought it would go back ot normal. Nope. I got a chance to go out and realign everything. Peaked my true south sat Satmex 5 to 40% on high transponder compaired to 30%. But 123 was still garbage. Now a while back when they boosted there signal. Everything was working fine. I think it is still something up on my end. SO I have yet to ask for any help. I redid everything. I put the mount on the side of my house back to level. Yes it was not level. I re-aligned the motor, dish and etc. Just to end up with the same signal. My north to south alightment is doesn't change the signal much. But it is sure picky when I do elevation. Just a light smudge looses a signal. I was also able to get a stable signal. Compared to cutting in and out in and out. But it has me kinda stratching my head. I think it is still the tree. Some sats get a great 60% plus signal no problem. But depends on what sat. I get anything from under 30% to almost 70%. THis is on my mercury II. WHen I originaly set it up with my satpros 500. I was thinking I got alot better signal. The dish didn't see any damaged. Just after a few wind storms it moved out of alighment. THe first few times I put it back into alighment no problem. But ever since there tree bloomed this summer. Execpt for when they raised the transponder signal. It went back to below 30%. I can get the university channels okay.

I have a musik dish I'm thinking of putting up. Bigger and what not just for 123.

The dish I got now I think is a 36 or 39. Pretty sure 39. I opted for the larger dish. But as long as I can get fox from beumont. I'm just happy. that comes in great. Execpt the other day. THe wind was blowing good and the picture was cutting in and out. First time I had that happen. AKA the reason I finally got around to re-align the dish.

Pretty sure it is just me. LOL

Later,

Josh

This is due to 125w fired up now. Smaller reflectors may no longer play well due to the close proximity of 125. If your dish is 2 degree compliant you should be able to tweak it to null out the adjacent bird. I went through this with my 84 cm dish over a month ago. Since my dish is 2 degree compliant I was able to bump the azimuth and elevation a tad and get good solid signal again. I you do that and still can't get results you will need to get a better efficiency or larger reflector to resolve this.

Thanks for the info, I was suspecting the same as you mentioned because the recent probs didn't show up until they introduced the 125°

I guess it's time to start tinkering again, I just might try adding another Ku band LNBF to my stationary BUD and see if I can pull in a better signal from the 123° or I might just try tweaking my GEOsatPro 90cm to try and peak the sig.

Better yet, they should just move everything to one sat but then we wouldn't have anything to do except watch TV, oh well :confused:

I might just try tweaking my GEOsatPro 90cm to try and peak the sig.

A 90 cm dish should work well with 2 degree spacing unless the reflector is poorly shaped or warped. As you get towards 85cm and below that's where the problems start, unless they were designed very well. An 80cm antenna with a 75% efficiency will work much better than one rated at 60%. My 84cm has a 73% efficiency with a very good parabola so it worked well with this problem. Others here with poorly designed dishes had to swap to another dish to solve the issue.

A 90 cm dish should work well with 2 degree spacing unless the reflector is poorly shaped or warped. As you get towards 85cm and below that's where the problems start, unless they were designed very well. An 80cm antenna with a 75% efficiency will work much better than one rated at 60%. My 84cm has a 73% efficiency with a very good parabola so it worked well with this problem. Others here with poorly designed dishes had to swap to another dish to solve the issue.

Hey thanks Bro, you just gave me an idea, :eureka I have a brand new spare 90cm dish so I might just throw it up in place of the other and see if there's a diff in signal strength. My GEOSATpro might be warped. Then once I take it down I can check it over and straighten it if needed.

Hey thanks Bro, you just gave me an idea, :eureka I have a brand new spare 90cm dish so I might just throw it up in place of the other and see if there's a diff in signal strength. My GEOSATpro might be warped. Then once I take it down I can check it over and straighten it if needed.

No Problem, Good LucK! :)

I get between 60-65% quality on the 11800 transponder. -Pansat 2500a, on the 1.0m Primestar, in north Florida.:)

I have had sporadic trouble with the Equity channels on 123w, but not in the past couple of weeks. I think the problems I was experiencing were due to weather issues at the uplink in Arkansas. For the last couple of weeks, I've been getting a steady 72-75 percent quality on both 11720 and 11800 using a 1 meter Channel Master (same dish as the 1M Primestar) and a Visionsat IV-200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts