Loyal customer for 9 years and still can't get a deal!

OBLIVIOUSLY you were not reading correctly. :mad: drink a beer and chill out. You are too quick to post.....
This is what you wrote...
"This is a case of better deals to new customers and methodically screwing loyal customers of several years.

There are a lot of people that try to extort deals out of providers by threatening to leave- even though they have only been a customer a short while. This is obiously not the case.

Get off your horse, man! 9 YEARS not days..... And it has to go to csr roulette...."

Now tell me where I misunderstood.

Noticing the town you hail from. Is the "Field of Dreams" attraction still in existence?

Yes, the Field of Dreams is very much in existence. They get thousands of visiters every summer. Dyersville just had a baseball game with the Ghsot Players taking on a military all-star team.

Soon everyone will have mpeg4 equipment and no one will have to worry too much about upgrading unless they go from a non dvr receiver to one that does have a dvr. Maybe then people can stop complaining about new customers getting better equipment for free.

This senario reminds me of how TV sales are. Should someone go complaining to a business because the TV they bought 2 years ago now sell for a thousand less. Prices drop and deals get better. You either buy now or wait for better deals. It seems people will never be satisfied.

Except that with sat tv you aren't 'buying' anything, you are leasing/renting and never acquire ownership. In that scenario it is not unreasonable to expect that now and then you can rent new equipment that may better meet your needs or wants.

And as to what kind of deal can you reasonably expect? Well, if they want a new 2 year committment, then the deal you should be working from in negotiating is the same one a new subscriber gets. Note I said 'negotiating', you have to do that because their systems are set up to give as little as possible, and they have a slew of CSRs, Accountants and marketing types at their disposal to sway you to their position.

I always figure that at the end of the commitment period, if I'm happy with the service and the equipment, I'll stay on a month-to-month. But if there is a really upgraded piece of hardware that I think will fit me better, I'll go into haggle mode. Me offering 2-years of guaranteed income to them, they offering the equipment and some programming credits. Hopefully we'll come to some mutally agreeable position.

If not, then there is the I'm gonna cancel card. But always be prepared to do just that if you can't get a deal you think is good. It isn't unethical, immoral or illegal to do that, it IS good business on your part though. And remember, this sat tv service is just a business arrangement, nothing more, nothing less, no matter how many apologists or 'loyal' customers say the contrary.

Yes, the Field of Dreams is very much in existence. They get thousands of visiters every summer. Dyersville just had a baseball game with the Ghsot Players taking on a military all-star team.

I have wanted to go there for years. It would have to be a vacation type deal coming from NC.
Question is what else is there to do out that way?. Obvioulsy a visit to Field of Dreams would be a one day affair.
One other question. Is the attraction real busy and commercialized?

I have wanted to go there for years. It would have to be a vacation type deal coming from NC.
Question is what else is there to do out that way?. Obvioulsy a visit to Field of Dreams would be a one day affair.
One other question. Is the attraction real busy and commercialized?

Some days it can be pretty busy, but it is not commercialized at all. Just head out there, have a picnic, play some catch, and join one the the pick-up games others have started. You'll only be less than a mile from our business when you turn off the highway to get there. As for what to do, there are some cool things in Dubuque which is 20 miles east.

In general, people are becoming more high maintenence. They are shopping almost exclusively on price. Value has gone out of service.
I recently switched to Dish after 14 years with D* and price had nothing to do with it. Their product wasn't bad either. I guess they are always exceptions to the rule

People are sensitive to the fact they don't want to feel like they are getting hosed and if they find out that someone else got a better deal they tend to feel that way.

I always figure that at the end of the commitment period, if I'm happy with the service and the equipment, I'll stay on a month-to-month. But if there is a really upgraded piece of hardware that I think will fit me better, I'll go into haggle mode. Me offering 2-years of guaranteed income to them, they offering the equipment and some programming credits. Hopefully we'll come to some mutally agreeable position.

If not, then there is the I'm gonna cancel card. But always be prepared to do just that if you can't get a deal you think is good. It isn't unethical, immoral or illegal to do that, it IS good business on your part though. And remember, this sat tv service is just a business arrangement, nothing more, nothing less, no matter how many apologists or 'loyal' customers say the contrary.
vote with your feet. If someone isn't providing they service they ought to then fire 'em and move on.

I recently switched to Dish after 14 years with D* and price had nothing to do with it. Their product wasn't bad either. I guess they are always exceptions to the rule

People are sensitive to the fact they don't want to feel like they are getting hosed and if they find out that someone else got a better deal they tend to feel that way.

That's why one should be an educated consumer. Do your homework.
I cannot begin to count the numbers of people who spend their money on satellite tv and have NO CLUE what they spent their money on..

If he's such a good grandson or whatever, why not buy her two 2x.0 remotes? He gets the satisfaction of knowing her remote needs are taken care of. Dish network gets money for sold equipment, negating the horse crap "it's leased equipment" argument. And the grandmother would still get a free receiver upgrade in addition to the 10$ credit.

This nonsense about "it's leased" doesn't hold water. Dish's current practices involve a free upgrade every two years - designed to keep you in a commitment. However, I think they could better serve themselves and those who think that leased equipment equates to being subservient to unrealistic expectations, by offering you the option to buy your LNB and receiver at the end of your promotional commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts