"Loyalty Credit Programming" Message on My Account

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
I just saw this message under "Offers" on my account:

According to our records, your promotion for Loyalty Credit programming will expire on 07/24/2010. You have 14 days remaining to schedule a downgrade. If you are satisfied with your programming please ignore this message; if you would like to schedule an order to remove this programming on the expiration date...(click here)

I have never seen a message like this before. When I click "click here", the message is no more specific. It only provides a check box indicating that I want the promotional programming removed on July 24. Would this be referring to my Cinemax penny offer? How difficult would it be for DISH to refer to the programming specifically?

Eric

After reading your post I checked my account. I have the same message.

I don't have the Cinemax for a penny promo.

It shows these two promos as expiring:
"Please select the promotion(s) you would like to schedule for removal by checking the box or boxes below and clicking CONTINUE if you are happy with your programming as it is today, click CANCEL
- Loyalty Offer
- Receiver Credit"

There's no info as to what would change or what I need to remove or why I should/shouldn't remove these credits?

Got the same. Unclear about it as well. But is was about the same time last year I got the Cinemax/penny deal.

I have the message also and the only "extras" on my account are the Superstation package which has gone up in recent months and HD Platinum. I have been receiving a $2 per month loyalty credit.

Someone got it right

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Pub Member / Supporter

Pub Member / Supporter
I think here's the deal why the second receiver isn't $17.

From the website posted earlier;

"CREDITS TO YOUR ACCOUNT

You have participated in a long-running promotional offer where you received discounted pricing on your 2-TV receivers by connecting them to a phone line. That promotional offer expired on January 31st. Because you are a valued customer, we have provided receiver credits on your account for six months."

So who ever said things will change for current subs in July is correct....

It was to ease the pain of equipment price increase so now
your bill will go up that amount.

It was to ease the pain of equipment price increase so now
your bill will go up that amount.

You are correct. I have one more month of loyalty credit and receiver credit, total of $11.00 off my bill. Once that is over my bill will have increased roughly $30.00 a month including tax, since the initial price jump on Feb 1.

I have made no changes other than "fixing" the double charge for HD and Platinum back in January.

I honestly never imagined paying over $100.00 a month to watch TV. I wonder if we will ever have a service, satellite or cable, that will offer a true a la carte service that is affordable....

Ross

Lose the more expensive receivers on your account other than one dual tuner dvr. Add 211ks and it will only cost you $7.00 each a month. If you want you can pay one time $40.00 software fee, to turn your 211ks into dvrs ,if you add your own external hard drive. this will keep your bill down to just the 7.00 each receiver fee and no monthly dvr fees on the 211ks. I have one 922 and two- 211ks with dvr software. I pay just $14.00 a month for the extra receivers and I have dvr on all 4 hd tvs in my house and hd on all hd tvs in my house. I share the component out on my 922 for my computer room hd tv and hdmi in my living room hd tv.

Lose the more expensive receivers on your account other than one dual tuner dvr. Add 211ks and it will only cost you $7.00 each a month. If you want you can pay one time $40.00 software fee, to turn your 211ks into dvrs ,if you add your own external hard drive. this will keep your bill down to just the 7.00 each receiver fee and no monthly dvr fees on the 211ks. I have one 922 and two- 211ks with dvr software. I pay just $14.00 a month for the extra receivers and I have dvr on all 4 hd tvs in my house and hd on all hd tvs in my house. I share the component out on my 922 for my computer room hd tv and hdmi in my living room hd tv.

I'm not poo pooing your idea. If I had all HD tv's in my house it would be a option. Right now my kids don't.

But just to give perspective;

If I swap a 625 (second receiver) for two other receivers the difference will be $3 a month.

The 625 is $17 and two other receivers (HD or SD) would be $14 ($7 each).

Spending $40 to enable an EHD on each box, plus spend about $75 each for two EHDs and $119 for two 211ks to save $36 a year doesn't make sense for me.

At a grand total of $428 to add two 211ks and EHDs VS keeping a 625 to save $3 a month, it will take me 11.8 years to break even.

I'm already paying the $6 DVR fee for my 722k anyway.

Just a suggestion to beat the extra receiver fees. I find that paying one time $40.00 beats the monthly charges on keeping the extra dual tuner dvrs. You do pay an extra dvr fee in Every dual tuner: HD dual tuners are: $7.00 add receiver fee + $5.00 Tv2 connection fee + $5.98 dvr fee=$17.00.

In my case a couple of years ago I had 3 dual tuner dvrs in my house: 722/722/622. When the fees on additional receivers went from $5.00 to $7.00 and the extra dvr fee PER extra receiver was announced ,I traded in my two other receivers to an online retailer for credit and got just a 722k and a 211k with dvr software. I also recently added another 211k to my bedroom with dvr software. bought that one from the dishstore for $75.00. I already had 3 or 4 external hard drives because I had them for my 722 to use for archiving.

So in my case my monthly bill dropped down to a reasonable amount and I avoided the extra receiver fees that I would of been paying had I kept the extra dual tuner receivers: 2x$17.00=$34.00. So I am saving about $408.00 in extra receiver fees for dual tuner dvrs - $168.00 in additional receiver fees for the two 211ks=$240.00 a year that I save over keeping the extra dual tuner dvrs.

But you don't have to pay the $40.00 to enable dvr software on EACH box. It is a one time fee PER account. It applies to all the 211ks you put on your account. The $40.00 Archiving fee for external hard drives is also one time PER account. They are two different fees and they apply to two different things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)