99 cent VOD movies

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
Anyone notice the 3 VOD movies for 99 cents? They are HOT TUB TIME MACHINE,GREEN ZONE and ALICE IN WONDERLAND.I guess Dish is trying to get people to try the VOD feature.These movies are regulary $6.99.Im thinking about ordering GREEN ZONE.;)

Gee, I guess dish execs just heard about redbox and blockbuster express machines on every street corner for .99 a movie.

Regularly 6.99! you couldn't pay me 6.99 to watch these.

Agree. That is a good deal. This is exactly what Dish has been missing. Who wouldn't pay a buck for these movies? There are a lot of people that complain about the dish movie prices. Shut up and give it a chance. :)

I think DISH should offer all their movies for .99 cents. Can you imagine how many of us would actually pay for their vods if we could get it for .99 cents? DISH would kick the competition's ass if they did this. What channels are they offering the 99 cent movies on ?

Last edited:
I haven't ordered any VOD from DISH Network before so I have a question about the 99 cent titles.

I know I have to order from my remote to get that price. I assume the movie will be one airing only (or is it an all-day viewing thing) and if I DVR the movie, it gets deleted 48 hours from the recording, right?

Since the price beats my Redbox rental price, I think it makes sense to purchase one of the titles they are offering for 99cents.

Yes, all three movies are in HD either via VOD or via regular PPV. If you do the VOD it is gone once it expires. Interestingly looking at the PPV versions of the movies (channels 502, 503 and 504) they are not flagged as "limited recordings" so you should be able to DVR them and keep them on your hard drive to watch as much as you want.

Disclaimer, I have not actually purchased these yet, but since they don't have the limited recording tag this "should work"

from view

I haven't ordered any VOD from DISH Network before so I have a question about the 99 cent titles.

I know I have to order from my remote to get that price. I assume the movie will be one airing only (or is it an all-day viewing thing) and if I DVR the movie, it gets deleted 48 hours from the recording, right?

Since the price beats my Redbox rental price, I think it makes sense to purchase one of the titles they are offering for 99cents.

It's delete 48 after 1st viewing.

Mine deleted 24 hours after we first rented it yesterday morning. All 3 that I have rented are in hd with one being in 1080p: Alice in Wonderland.

How did you rent Mike? VOD or PPV? Agree that the VOD deletes in a day, but it looks like the PPV versions could be kept.

My daughter wants to watch Alice in Wonderland. I have it in my Netflix queue but under "very long wait". For $0.99, that's a no brainer. :) I'll check it out today.

So it's also available in HD PPV for $0.99?

If they lowered their prices on the PPV movies, I would definately order more of them.

yep, it beats my $1.50 redbox if they are 99 cents. I'll have to check the PPV vs VOD to see if there is a price difference or not and go the PPV route it if it's 99 cents.

I didn't realize there was a difference in PPV vs VOD until this thread. And it looks like I better be prepared to watch it same day because there is a chance it might not stay long on the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)