99 cent VOD movies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
While I hope that they keep some 99 cent specials on some occasions a bit more often, I don't actually expect it to happen. But they really ought to be looking ay the ppv pricing. Dish's current pricing is higher than any other I can find, including Apple.

I ordered all there .99 cent PPV this weekend to show dish that if there .99 cents I will rent em. Thats $4 bucks they got out of me this weekend they would never of gotten before.

As long as Dish has kept prices high on their PPV and VOD with apparent success, I don't see this as anything other than a temporary blip...

They are trying to suck in NEW viewers in hopes that they will continue to rent at the $6.99 level after the special pricing is up.

Koilvr said:
I ordered all there .99 cent PPV this weekend to show dish that if there .99 cents I will rent em. Thats $4 bucks they got out of me this weekend they would never of gotten before.

We rented hot tub time machine for the same reason. Let's hope they listen!

They are trying to suck in NEW viewers in hopes that they will continue to rent at the $6.99 level after the special pricing is up.

I agree with jerrez. I think they are doing this to try to get you in the habit of ordering PPVs. The price will go back to normal after this promotion is over.

Scott, any word on whether Dish has plans to offer $.99 HD movies on a regular basis or was this just a one time thing?

I rented one of the movies yesterday and it looked great. I will continue to rent at least one per week if they offer them for $.99

I don't think there is any way they can make a profit at 99¢, so I agree that it is a limited promotional price only.

IMO, a sweet spot might be HD PPV/VOD at $2.99.

Don't know if it's doable, but at that price they have my attention.

I don't think there is any way they can make a profit at 99¢, so I agree that it is a limited promotional price only.

That depends upon the licensing agreement. If Dish pays a fee per user then perhaps you're correct. If Dish pays a flat fee for a certain time window then they could turn a profit with enough purchases.

Personally I wouldn't go more than $.99. Word is blu-ray will be out on Redbox in the coming months for $1.50 and blu-ray quality is better than Dish.

But like I said before, at $.99 I would order at least one per week.

Gotta cost more than a buck just to start the car and drove there, not to mention taking your chances on if the title you want is there.

We have the Redbox app on our iPhone, we know whats there before we go and reserve the movies we want. :)

And normally we go out anyways and the store is next to the house so not a big deal. :)

That depends upon the licensing agreement. If Dish pays a fee per user then perhaps you're correct. If Dish pays a flat fee for a certain time window then they could turn a profit with enough purchases.

Personally I wouldn't go more than $.99. Word is blu-ray will be out on Redbox in the coming months for $1.50 and blu-ray quality is better than Dish.

But like I said before, at $.99 I would order at least one per week.

Most of our local Redbox kiosks have a small Blu-Ray selection in them, already for $1.50. Won't be long before they're expanding the selection, I'm sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)