99 cent VOD movies

Let me get this straight... The VOD auto deletes 24 hrs after you download it viewed or not, while the PPV stays on your disk indefinitely? :eek:

I got an e-mail from Dish Network listing 4 movies in this deal, and, as Gatekeeper mentioned above, She's Out of my League is the fourth movie.

I ordered the PPV movie Alice in Wonderland for $0.99. I'm recording it but it shows limited recording. Didn't see it on VOD but did see the other 3 movies.

I have 4 listed at $.99, including She's out of my league, on the Movies on Demand screen accessed through the menu.

Are these the moves stored on the DISH partitioned space on the hard drive of my DVR or do you have to wait for them to download?

How did you rent Mike? VOD or PPV? Agree that the VOD deletes in a day, but it looks like the PPV versions could be kept.

Vod. I got them off of the 501 channels. I did not see any in the regular pay per view for 99 cents and I checked each one and the price too.

My daughter wants to watch Alice in Wonderland. I have it in my Netflix queue but under "very long wait". For $0.99, that's a no brainer. :) I'll check it out today.

So it's also available in HD PPV for $0.99?
It's been in my Netflix Que since it was released and still has "very long wait". Usually I get pissed and tired of waiting and drive 10 minutes to Blockbuster.

DISH could make up alot of money on volume of subs alone if they charged just .99 cents for all of the pay per view movies. Or they could offer .99 cent movies on Fridays or Saturdays or dare I say weekends? Test it out and I bet DISH would haul in the revenue if they tried it and advertised it for a while.

Why are you paying $1.50 for Redbox ?

Because I live in a test market where they are testing $1.50 rentals. Needless to say I try to find and use as many free rental codes as I can so I don't have to rent many at $1.50. It has put a crimp in my renting - I used to do about 7 a month at $1.00, not it's 2-3 a month paid plus whatever I can get free using promo codes.

I should consider myself lucky - I hear Harrisburg or some city pays $2.00/rental.

other cities are going from 1.15 to about 1.40 in a test.

I just hope it's all a huge failure and all goes back to $1.00/night.

I find it amazing that hell has frozen over and I can rent a movie from DISH Network cheaper than Redbox!

We only have one Blockbuster left in Pensacola and it is across town. I have not seen any other local rental boxes, but I use Netflix.

Wow, $.99 for HD movies? Cool.

Now, if they would just show the 2.35:1 movies in OAR.

.99 ppv movies intriguing .... i think that dish should come down on the price for ppv movies. or like a recent post said have a special promo that takes place on weekends. myself i don't order ppv mainly becasue i work at comcast and i can watch them for free, but none the less lower the price or having a weekend promo is a good idea!

MikeD-C05 said:
Vod. I got them off of the 501 channels. I did not see any in the regular pay per view for 99 cents and I checked each one and the price too.

Which arc are you on? On western arc I see all 4 mentioned as 99 cents for regular ppv. Make sure you don't have some channels locked out of your favorites list.

I've been thinking about renting Alice in Wonderland and I see that it is available for $.99 both as a VOD on channel 1 and as a PPV on channel 505.

Can anyone give me a clear explanation as to the difference between the two and any advantages/disadvantages of one over the other?

TIA

Not only should all of the PPV's and VOD offerings be 99 cents, but the entire Dish Online Theater (currently 3702 offerings) should be as well along with the currently 589 After Hours offerings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts