LSU does the NCAA one over...screws their season up with stupidity!

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
LSU does the NCAA one over and ruins their season on their own...

Source: LSU's Jefferson, three teammates face battery charges

Four LSU players including starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson will be taken in police custody Monday, according to a SportsNOLA.com source with the Baton Rouge Police Department.

Jefferson and numerous teammates were allegedly involved in a fight early Friday morning outside of Shady's, an off-campus bar. Four people were injured in the incident and are reportedly pondering legal action.

Jefferson and redshirt offensive tackle Chris Davenport face second degree battery charges while junior starting defensive tackle Josh Downs and freshman wide receiver Jarvis Landry will be charged with simple battery.

If found guilty of second degree battery, Jefferson and Davenport could face as serious a punishment as three to five years in prison and up to a $2,000 fine.

Last edited:
A few more interesting links:

LSU's Les Miles says players' behavior 'unacceptable' after bar brawl - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

LSU coach says players violated team rules - WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |

Several people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS that around 2 a.m. Friday, a young man driving a truck blew his horn to get a group of people blocking the driveway to move out of the way at Shady's Bar on East Boyd Ave. That's when they say a group of people pulled the driver out of the truck and began beating him. That's when they say a Marine who had just returned from training ran to assist the driver and was beaten and thrown to the ground. Multiple people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson then kicked the Marine in the head.

Multiple people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson then kicked the Marine in the head.
If this is true, then Jefferson should do some time in prison. LSU has had a remarkable run of low character QBs.

Jordan Jefferson among LSU players summoned concerning bar fight | NOLA.com
Stone would not confirm a report on sportsnola.com that Jefferson and Davenport will be arrested for second-degree battery and Johns and Landry for simple battery.

Second-degree battery is a felony. Simple battery -- a slap or a punch -- is a misdemeanor. Second-degree battery results would entail broken bones or other physical injuries, and trips to the hospital.
If two players are arrested and charged with a felony, they have to immediately be thrown off of the team. I know LSU is pre-season #4, but it doesn't matter. You can't have potentially soon-to-be felons playing on your team. If two more are charged with misdemeanors, then they need to be suspended indefinitely, and I can't imagine what they could do to earn their way back on the field.
An undetermined number of LSU players apparently violated curfew after a 10:30 p.m. bed check Thursday and were involved in a brawl in the parking lot of Shady's bar, 623 E. Boyd, near campus. Four people were injured and went to area hospitals. Baton Rouge police said 15 to 20 LSU players were involved but were gone by the time police arrived.
The team was scheduled to break camp Friday and return to their own dwellings after being housed together at the West Campus Apartments since Aug. 3. Miles said the count was 100 percent at bed check.

"Curfew was 10:30 p.m.," he said. "They were all in. Everyone was in at curfew. Everyone."
I have never been a Les Miles fan. The 2007 LSU team proved that it is possible to win a MNC despite your coach. 15 to 20 players making a 10:30 PM bed check and then being spotted at a bar three hours later shows me that he isn't in charge. He recruits incredible athletes, but I look for them to slip a little every season that he remains at the helm. Just my two cents.

Miles will do what's right when all the facts come out. Respect/like him or not, at LSU he's never hesitated to hand out the appropriate punishment no matter who they are. And to be honest, the two backups are probably just as capable as Jefferson...which isn't saying a lot, I know...but he won't be that big of a loss. Problem is that the coaches have been preparing for the Oregon game with Jefferson as the starter. Running out of time now.

Lol, since it was a LSU fan I was responding to I doubt MSU entered into it, but with the corn dogs who knows.

Not all were on a bad note and that's what I was getting at. Miami aside, I would wager all are in better shape than when he came, and among those he may have left, there wasn't much major controversy, not at the time.

He has been at a few schools, may leave us, but I can't imagine many instances where he would leave that i would have big time hate, or question it. Of course, like LSU at the time, there aren't many if any schools he can go to that would make sense as an upward move, and him going to the pros wouldn't bother me.

It wasn't so much how Saban left us (although the liar lied about it at the time)...it was where he eventually wound up that stung. A little too close to home, know what I mean. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)