LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Defense wins championships, especially in the NCAA. Look at Penn State -Miami 1986, OSU-Miami 2002. (Miami had to stage a big comeback in the 2nd half ti tie OSU)

LSU has allowed 30-40 points regularly.

Regularly??? LSU gave up more than thirty points in 3 of their 13 games this season, and two of those were in triple overtime. In fact, the score was tied at 27 in the Kentucky game and 28 in the Arkansas game. So there was only one game this season where LSU gave up more than 30 points in regulation. Yeah, that's regular :rolleyes:

Nope...I picked Tennessee over Wisconsin and Michigan over Florida.;)

Buckeye fans can warm up by flipping to the Big Ten Channel and see OSU versus Miami (2003) - it's on right now. Since it's listed under Big Ten's Greatest Games, I doubt they will be showing OSU versus Florida.

Then again, would you expect a SEC's greatest games on the BIG TEN Network ?

Jimbo

Ok, only hours from kickoff, time for my breakdown.

Quarterback - Todd Boeckman vs Matt Flynn. Both first year starters. Boeckman has been more consistent over the course of the season. He did have an awful game in the loss to Illinois. Don't be surprised if LSU gives the Buckeyes a dose of Ryan Perrilloux early and often. He's more Juice Williams-ish. But in the end, consistency is the key.
Edge: Ohio State

Running back - Chris Wells vs. Jacob Hester. Two very different style runners. Hester has the tag of being a bruising, up-the-middle runner, but can surprise with his speed. Beanie is a great all-around back.
Edge: Tie

Wide receiver - Robiskie and Hartline are go-to guys, but LSU has next level talent at that position. If Doucet is healthy, there could be fireworks.
Edge: LSU

Offensive Line - Flynn has been sacked 25 times this season while Boeckman has hit the ground only 13 times. LSU is averaging slightly higher yards per rush, but protecting the QB is key.

Defensive Line - Glenn Dorsey will be the most talented athlete on the field tonight.

Linebackers - Anyone whos father was a Road Warrior gets my vote. In all seriousness, Laurinaitis leads one of the best linebacking corps in the nation behind USC.

Secondary - There are athletes on both sides of the ball, but Ohio State has held opponents to only 4.7 yards a passing attempt this year. LSU has yielded 5.5.

Special teams - Note to Tressel: don't kick the ball to Trindon Holliday. Many people talk about next-level speed, but he has Olympic speed.

Intangibles - One word: Nawlins

So there you have it. LSU has Ohio State in 4.5 categories and Ohio State has LSU in 4.5 categories. Therefore, it will be a tie. Ok, I guess that can't happen, but watch for a close game for all four quarters with LSU adding a late touchdown to seal it.

My prediction: LSU 27, Ohio State 17.

What a game so far... LSU played sloppy at the beginning and Ohio took advantage of it. LSU came back strong. Amazing game to watch so far....

The LSU defender that made the interception was holding down the OSU receivers arm.
No calls against LSU. Call OSU for a one arm push at the sideline.
Anyone have HD? That was not a touchdown.

2 LSU defenders hanging on OSU receiver in first quarter, no call.

What the hell is this? Feel sorry for LSU because of Katrina game?

With halftime showing up, I decided to rewind and review the interception and touchdown in slow motion.

The defender made a good interception, both arms were out to receive the ball (didn't look to me as if he was holding anyones arms down) and he was also looking back at the ball. Receiver was just out of position and made the interception possible. No interference on either party.

As for the touchdown, he broke the plane and was then pushed back some. Once he broke the plane though, the touchdown is good. The Line Judge was in position to see that, and made a good call.

I reviewed this in HD.

Last edited:
Yes the TD was made when he broke the plane and got put back. The Annoucers said he got the TD when he fell on the goal line, I think the TD came way before that..

What the hell is with the FOX replay crew?
We can't get any good angles and they cut off the end of the replays....sloppy!

That late hit out-of bounds call was bogus, and the beginning of LSU's turnaround....

Yes we all know that caused the 24 unanswered points...

Can we at least wait till after the game before the excuses start flowing?

We still got an entire half left, anything can happen. LSU has not won yet. OSU can get a second breath and still destroy LSU (However unlikely)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)