LSU vs. Oregon in Dallas 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why does it have to be in Dallas?

Autzen and Tiger Stadium are both mega-loud- playing in Dallas wouldn't be the same.
It's the Jerry Bowl! Money baby, money! ;)

Both teams travel well. There is also a really huge LSU alumni group in the Dallas area. I used to attend some pretty crowded crawfish boils when I lived there. LSU will have a huge crowd on hand, so should be plenty loud. But you're right, won't measure up to Tiger Stadium (I've never been to Autzen).

Student tickets to the Oregon St / TCU game were $75 each. I don't think that all of these games at Jerryworld are good for college football.

Alabama is reportedly playing Michigan in Dallas as well, in 2012. All about the money. I would prefer a home and home, but I am just glad to get the game between two traditional powers.

Student tickets to the Oregon St / TCU game were $75 each. I don't think that all of these games at Jerryworld are good for college football.

If I would have gone to that game at that very nice stadium, I would have been pissed that I ended up sweating during the whole thing when they had a damn roof on it but for some reason let TCU talk Jerry into opening the roof before the game. Nothing wrong with Climate control of a football game considering you have to sit in all other types of weather in all the other games. The hell with the big TV, close the doors and turn on the air!!

Ya reckon if its cold as hell outside the next time they play they will open the roof again? hell no!!

I hope this doesn't become a precedent.

I don't like when College games are played on neutral fields. Especially in big, over the top, no-character stadiums as found in the NFL.

If I would have gone to that game at that very nice stadium, I would have been pissed that I ended up sweating during the whole thing when they had a damn roof on it but for some reason let TCU talk Jerry into opening the roof before the game.
There was a very good reason, TCU is used to the heat & humidity, while Oregon St. was not. It was to get an advantage.

If LSU has it's way, they'll have the roof open too (same with Alabama).

There was a very good reason, TCU is used to the heat & humidity, while Oregon St. was not. It was to get an advantage.

So if the roof is open, why not just play it at home .... if thats the reason.

So if the roof is open, why not just play it at home .... if thats the reason.
Still a neutral site (and Jerry pays good money). Having the roof open just allows for the teams to take advantage of the elements.

If you can't handle the heat, don't play in Texas.

Yeah you heard the same nonsense excuse I heard on the TV that night, if that was the real reason then play it in another neutral location without a dome. IMO if its got a dome then use it, climate control for both teams. But yes, poor advantage over another team, if I was Oregon St I would have requested to be informed of this thought prior to the opening of it so I could object...at least on the behalf of the fans that were there from both teams! Pay that money to go to the dome I expect climate control!

Yeah you heard the same nonsense excuse I heard on the TV that night, if that was the real reason then play it in another neutral location without a dome. IMO if its got a dome then use it, climate control for both teams. But yes, poor advantage over another team, if I was Oregon St I would have requested to be informed of this thought prior to the opening of it so I could object...at least on the behalf of the fans that were there from both teams! Pay that money to go to the dome I expect climate control!
Actually I didn't watch the game. Came to my own conclusions.

But the dome is retractable so that it can be open in nice weather and closed in inclimate weather.
The forecast was nice for that day (ie, no rain/snow/bitter cold), therefore it was left open.

As for paying money to go to a dome, you'll pay just as much in an open air stadium. And if it's supposed to be always climate controlled, then they wouldn't have wasted money on the retractable roof in the first place.

Actually, LSU seems to play better indoors than out. They might want the roof closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)