Lubbock and West Texas Voom!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've got DirecTV, and several times today snow has knocked out my signal. Watch out for snow accumulation on dish.

When the snow started to build up on the dish I just put some antifreeze and got the picture back and has been steady at 87

Squicken, I know you were trying to organize a tour for calibration a while ago. I have been able to get the extra funds togethor for a calibration, not sure if he can fly out here with his equipment, but I more then likely can cover the cost of the plane ticket. If you still have not done it let me know.
Thanks,
Z

Already got it done. Sorry :( . Although I didn't use him, the guy's name was Steve Martin out of Dallas. He's very well regarded, and will travel to Lubbock. I think his company is called Smart Calibrations. Good Luck.

I've been looking at his company, he's based out of my hometown. If I remember correctly you have a DLP, what improvements did you see? Im using a CRT RPTV so I don't think I can expect similar results.

You should expect better results than I got, though you'll pay more b/c there is more to do. My colors were all pretty good out of the box, but black level performance (which digital sets have trouble with anyway) was poor but is now excellent. Almost as good as CRT. I feel it was worth the $250, and I think you'll definitely notice a difference with your CRT-RPTV.

z71tahoe193 said:
When the snow started to build up on the dish I just put some antifreeze and got the picture back and has been steady at 87
RainX works great for snow and ice. Re-apply every couple of months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)