Lucifer

Good Omens isn't that much like Lucifer. Good Omens is about immortals covering their tracks from a monumental error and Lucifer is a crime show with a supernatural element. Good Omens' main characters are arguably bumblers while Lucifer's immortals are flawed and dependent on mortals for their moral compass.
I wasn't trying to equate the two series as the only thing they have in common is actors with UK accents portraying denizens of Hell (I wonder why that is? Hugh Grant, perhaps?) And Neil Gaiman.
To suggest that Terry Pratchett wasn't a peer to Douglas Adams is also folly. Pratchett's body of work or much, much larger. They're both no longer with us.
I never mentioned Terry Pratchett. I suppose I'm showing my age referencing Douglas Adams. And, I agree, sadly Terry and Douglas are no longer with us.

Perhaps more a lack of broad exposure to silly Sci-Fi.
Specifically, British silly Sci-Fi. I admit I am unfamiliar with the works of Sir Terry Pratchett.

Anyway, thanks for making me sorry I even brought it up.

8 episodes is a tight season. 12-13 give a little more breathing room but must be a lot more effort since even 12 episode seasons often have filler. Anything over 13 requires talent and vision.

The Netflix Marvel series all could have benefited being cut to 8-10 episodes. They all were too stretched out.

Reactions: wormil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts