lunar eclipse tonite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
If you forgot it, run outside and take a peek, moon's got about 50%or less now, on the east coast it will appear reddish brown....not sure if its going darker or moving out now. I know they said it would almost complete as soon as it became visible to us in the southeast US

For 3 days I've been telling anyone about this, including yesterday, all day I was telling people. Then suddenly about 10pm last night, Oh Nooooo, what time is it? Crraaappppp....
Oh well, maybe I'll live long enough to see the next one, whenever it might be?

Al

Lake Effect Snow last night.:( August, you say? Maybe I'll be at the lake for it...

Did anyone with a good camera and clear skies get any pictures?

Last edited:
I saw it last night when I was leaving work and thought to myself, "Man the moon sure does look funny." I had no idea that it was an eclipse.

I had a good shot at it from here it was nice.

Thanks for the link! Your friend took some nice pix (I especially like the 2nd one).

It was absolutely magnificient..... I'm from the NCR region I was down on Quebec side snowmobile ... must of been around 18:00 and followed the moon for an hour or so until eclipse was over..... was easy for me to watch the whole thing I was sitting at the back of skidoo..... in middle of forest in the dark wow that big balloon in the sky........... WOW.....

We had a perfect view in NJ around 7:05 PM. Dumb luck... we were coming out of the mall when our 8 year old said "Mommy, what's an eclipse? - our teacher said there was gonna be one tonight..."...

We stood by our car and looked up and sure enough only 10 pct. of it was left..... In about 5-10 minutes it was PERFECTLY obscured... the last bit winked out like a sunset in the middle of the sky... way cool....

I then told both my kids why they occur, how long it lasts, and how ancient peoples got wiggy when they happened....

Now I'm just waiting for a full solar eclipse... Haven't seen one since I was a kid....

Eclipse was 3/4 over by the time the moon came up Saturday. Still got a really good view, no pollution, low humidity. I just sorry we missed seeing the red moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)