Luso Pack - credit for lost channels ?

hdtvman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Florida
SportTV and BenficaTV have been removed from Luso Pack, both channels had soccer and other sports.
$29.99 for 1 available FTA channel (RTPi) and two shared content channels (SIC/SICNO) are no longer a good deal. TVi appears to be mostly old soap operas and reality shows and appears to be in preview - not sure if it's a permament addition to the package or not. Does anyone know of Dish plans to re-price this package now that two good sports channels are gone or to credit pack subscribers for the lost channels for the past month and going forward ?
Would a member of the DIRT team get some definitive information from DISH on what is the future of this package and of the Portuguese language offerings on DISH and post here in the forum.
I know of several people calling DISH that are getting varied and sometimes non-helpful answers from Dish CSRs - some are getting temporary credits and others are being refused credits altogether and being told nothing can be done.
Also, whatever happened to DISH plans to put the Portuguese language channels on DISHWorld ?(non-Brazilian) any update on this ?

You have more than 5 posts why don't you PM DIRT directly. Read your agreement with DISH they reserve the right to change programming at their discression.

You have more than 5 posts why don't you PM DIRT directly. Read your agreement with DISH they reserve the right to change programming at their discression.
Were the first 5 words really necessary ?
You also have more than 5 posts, but perhaps you have forgotten that the very point of a great forum such as this is that it is designed for discussion and for others to learn of issues, features, changes in programming, etc... I am very aware of Dish's programming rights as I am aware of the options that are available at my discretion. If an issue is not important to you don't assume it's not important to others or that it does not merit further discussion. If no one cares about this issue, then the thread will die on its own and so be it.

He was trying to say that it takes a minimum of 5 posts before the site will allow someone to PM others. He was just suggesting you PM DIRT yourself instead of waiting for someone from DIRT to notice your post. He was trying to save you some time.

Yes, he was telling you are able to contact DIRT and get the correct and or best answers. There are probably 1000's of posts that here that advise NOT to call the Dish CSR's on the phone, precisely because of incorrect or varying answers. I will be surprised if Dish doesn't give credits for few months, and if there is any info on what plans are for the package to be had the DIRT person you contact may be able to get it. Beyond that, maybe just drop that package if you no longer like it?

I am also interested in learning any updated info there might be. I am not familiar with how to contact a DIRT member directly (sorry) But I agree with the poster that the 29.99 is no longer realistic for the content being provided. I dropped the package for now. If the sports channel comes back, i will resubscribe. But I am really interested in any updates in regard to Sport TV as there are many conflicting rumors out there.

Don't hope for anything.
We in the Latino packages also lost some channels... no credits, no anything, they will just replace those channels with more quality content, soon... and haven't happened yet.

:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts