Lying about moving...?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
If this is illegal then please delete it but I've had it with my NBC local. They are the only station in NOLA that is not broadcasting in digital or HD. They blame it all on Katrina but all the other stations had their towers destroyed. What they are doing is holding up the cable companies for their HD signal and refusing to broadcast their HD signal. So we are forced to try to get our HD NBC from Baton Rouge which is spotty at best. Could I setup a fake P.O. box in Baton Rouge or some place else and tell D* that I have moved and then get those locals?

DTV does not accept PO Boxs for your address. You could find a friend in the right area and see if you can "borrow" that person's address. Then call DTV and tell them you have moved yourself and there was the dish and wiring already there so all they have to do is update your location. Local channels are on spotbeam nowadays so you have to make sure you are relatively close to the city's locals you are trying to pick up.

I know folks that have done this. ;) From what I have read from others, I am in Central Connectictut and there have been reports that the spot even on the Spaceways goes from Philadelphia PA to Maine. I know for sure the Boston one works here. So give it a try and use a close market.

"Move" your service address to an address in Mena, Arkansas (in Polk County, ZIP 71953). The entire town qualifies for NY HD locals that are not on spot beams. Mena is in the Little Rock DMA and since those SD locals are on spots, you won't receive them, but you will get NY HD. Use your antenna for local NOLA news, weather, etc.

A little googling will find addresses in Mena, AR.

"Move" your service address to an address in Mena, Arkansas (in Polk County, ZIP 71953). The entire town qualifies for NY HD locals that are not on spot beams. Mena is in the Little Rock DMA and since those SD locals are on spots, you won't receive them, but you will get NY HD. Use your antenna for local NOLA news, weather, etc.

A little googling will find addresses in Mena, AR.

Are you serious? Will that work? = - )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)