Moving equipment between rooms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hello! Quick question...

In my living room I have an C61K-700. In my basement, I have an HR54-700. The basement TV is nearly 3 years newer with a better picture on it, but the living room TV has the 4K box. If I would want to switch the boxes around, is it as simple as just disconnecting them and reconnecting them, or is there more to it?

Case 1: The HR54 likely powers the SWM LNB with the 21V it needs to work. So, by swapping it, the LNB would not receive the necessary power and thus error 775 would arise.

Case 2: IF the HR54 does NOT power the SWM LNB (you see a gray or black box with a green light on it and SWM written on it), then you are clear to swap both boxes without an issue.

if case 1 is true, you need to find your SWM splitter and swap the ports for POWER IN red passing port to the BASEMENT coax so that port is active for powering the LNB. Then, you are good to go...

Case 1: The HR54 likely powers the SWM LNB with the 21V it needs to work. So, by swapping it, the LNB would not receive the necessary power and thus error 775 would arise.

Case 2: IF the HR54 does NOT power the SWM LNB (you see a gray or black box with a green light on it and SWM written on it), then you are clear to swap both boxes without an issue.

if case 1 is true, you need to find your SWM splitter and swap the ports for POWER IN red passing port to the BASEMENT coax so that port is active for powering the LNB. Then, you are good to go...
I'll take a closer look when I can. Thank you very much for your help!