M/A-COM T6 and M2001

Status
Please reply by conversation.

striker222

Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Now this may get some "old" BUD users scratching their heads ( it sure did mine :) ). I just acquired an old M/A-COM satellite system, less the dish, and of course it came with no manual and/or info of any kind. The receiver is a M/A-COM T6 and the drive is a M/A-COM M2001 H to H mount made by Saginaw Stearing Div. of GM ( believe it or not ). The system had been stored in a garage for the past 20 years waiting for reassembly, which never happened, and I got it for next to nothing just so he could get rid of it. I now have it hooked up in my basement workshop to check out the H to H drive and all works very well, very smooth and quiet and quite fast.
Now for my problem. The drive will only move approximately 100 degrees between programed limits on the T6. How do I reprogram the limits on this receiver to allow more movement of the drive? The receiver and remote are pretty basic and I've got most of it sorted out but this has me stumped.:confused:

Your lucky it was stored away. I got the same package from someone over the summer. The gears and ball bearings inside the mount were shot. What are you gonna do with that mount without the dish? It is a very proprietary setup.

Here are my posts
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...159828-adventures-dish-hunting-2009-a-32.html
M/A-COM BLACK MAGIC - Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum

And here is an early x-mas gift
ImageShack -

I can scan the whole manual if you want. There is also an assembly/disassembly manual for dish and mount.

Xmas come early

Your lucky it was stored away. I got the same package from someone over the summer. The gears and ball bearings inside the mount were shot. What are you gonna do with that mount without the dish? It is a very proprietary setup.

And here is an early x-mas gift
ImageShack -

I can scan the whole manual if you want. There is also an assembly/disassembly manual for dish and mount.

Hey Merkin; thanks for the info, what a great Xmas gift, its just what I needed! :) Sure would be interested in the rest of the manuals if it is not too much trouble. I intend to mount a 10' Unimesh to this drive unit if I find that the drive has fine enough position accuracy. May have to redesign the pulse count unit. Haven't disassembled the drive as yet to inspect but initial bench hookup shows it to move as smooth as glass.
The other possibility for this project is an 8' solid spun aluminum that is taking up space in my barn. Can you tell me the size of the original dish for the M/A-COM system? The previous owner said that he thought it was a 10" mesh? He had kept all the electronics but had sold the actual dish for aluminum scrap.
Are you going to attempt repair of the drive system? If so, will help with any info ( pics, measurements, etc. ) that I can.
Striker

Can you tell me the size of the original dish for the M/A-COM system? The previous owner said that he thought it was a 10" mesh? He had kept all the electronics but had sold the actual dish for aluminum scrap.
Are you going to attempt repair of the drive system? If so, will help with any info ( pics, measurements, etc. ) that I can.
Striker
It was called a M/A-Com Black Widow and was a 10 footer. The mount was made by M/A-Com and the drive motor was a Saginaw.

It was called a M/A-Com Black Widow and was a 10 footer. The mount was made by M/A-Com and the drive motor was a Saginaw.

Thanks AC, actually found a pic of it else-ware. It was sure built to last. Heavy casting on the dish which I will have to fabricate from plate steel as my aluminum welding isn't up to par. :eek: But should not be much of a problem. Thanks to Merkin I now have approx. 170 degree travel between the limits. Hope that he can get his rebuilt as these things seem to be as scarce as "hens teeth".
Striker

@Striker
I uploaded the manuals to the mods, so they should be in the FTA MANUALS section of the forum.
The reason I asked what dish you are using is you will most definately need to do some fabrications.
Unfortunately the mount/drive unit was unrepairable. I still have the motor, lnbf, video switch, and receivers. I found a 90" paraclipse hydro with an ajak 180 H2H for free. Bought a vbox6 to move it.

@Striker
I uploaded the manuals to the mods, so they should be in the FTA MANUALS section of the forum.
The reason I asked what dish you are using is you will most definately need to do some fabrications.
Unfortunately the mount/drive unit was unrepairable. I still have the motor, lnbf, video switch, and receivers. I found a 90" paraclipse hydro with an ajak 180 H2H for free. Bought a vbox6 to move it.

Thanks Merkin for uploading the manuals. They haven't appeared in the forum list yet but I'm sure that they will soon. I am most interested to see a closeup of the bracket/casting on the back of the dish to understand how it mounted to the multi-hole brackets on the mount. Just trying to understand how the declination adjustment was made with these holes.
As stated before, I intend to hang a 10' Unimesh dish on this mount. I have a spare Unimesh already disassembled in my barn and I have already retrieved the ring mount from the spare dish to marry to the H to H mount. It will be a winter project (when I'm not snowmobiling) and hopefully will be ready for spring installation. I'm looking at the V-Box 6 as well to drive this setup.
Striker

Here are the links.

Thanks Merkin for the links to the files. Thats just what I needed. All I have to do now is work out how I'm going to set my declination angle as I don't have the plate from the back of the dish with the set of degree holes in it. Of course, I don't need all the holes, just one in the right place! :D And I need to make it just slightly adjustable for tweaking. As I write this, it just came to me how to do it. Well, now to work. Thanks again.
Striker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)