Made some awesome "Zuppa Toscana"...ala Olive Garden

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
Made a double batch to take to an event...ended-up eating (and sharing) almost half of it, so I'll have to make another batch tonight! It's really decadent. Warning - it's 500 calories just to LOOK at it...!

Check out this link and watch the video, which departs a bit from the recipe. I followed what she did in the video mostly using sweet sausage from rolls instead of links...but added less kale and more bacon!

If you try it, please report back. I'm planning to add this to my personal repertoire of "My almost famous soups"...!

http://www.copykat.com/2009/03/29/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana-ii/

(Helps to add the link...!)

Oh - And I did add about a Tsp of crushed red pepper, per the suggestion. Just enough "heat"

Last edited:
Wow thanks bhelms. Think I'll surprise the wife with this one as zuppa toscana is her favorite soup. The title drew me in :D I'm glad she doesn't eat it much as I had no idea it has so many calories.

I mentioned that I "shared" some of my first batch - that was with a couple of ladies here at work who seem to be our "resident chefs". They both liked it. Today (Mon.) I get to work to learn that BOTH of them were motivated to make some at home over the weekend! It must have been a "hit" all around. Now if they'll just reciprocate...!

I took my 3+ batches to our annual local "Klondike Derby" (Boy Scout event, my intended "benefactors") and returned with almost none remaining whereas all the other soups were less well received. Many visitors to our outdoor Mess Hall commented favorably. A couple even mentioned "I was told to try the (Italian/potato/sausage/"zesty") soup.".

I'm proud...of having made it...and not eating it all myself...!!

Last edited:
High calories come primarily from the heavy cream and somewhat from any remaining fat from the sausage and bacon that wasn't drained-off.

Hey, I always figure it's all relative. Anything that enjoyable just HAS to be bad for you...!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)