Whats in your Garden - 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
The 'expanded' container garden this year has:

Tomatoes:

Striped Heirloom, Golden Jubilee, Hybrid JetStar 2000, Lemon Boy, Early-Girl Red, and Yellow Cherry.

I have them all in those upside-down tomato planters and they already are sprouting flowers. I'm interested to see how these turn out.

I have a hybrid bush cherry tomato and a 'sugar-snap' tomato planted in pots.

Peppers:

Fajita Bell, Early Green Bell, Cubanelle, Red Chile, Jalapeno, Hanenero, Also planted these 'Rainbow' peppers that change all kinds of colors. That waits to be seen.

Herbs:

Basil, Cilantro, Mint (the wife wants Mojitos), Chives, Oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, and Thyme. (yes I know...:) )

Fruit:

I got this dwarf banana tree that I'm going to cultivate outside and bring in over the winter. Not sure how its going to work out...but I'll give it a try. Its worth the ten bucks... ;)

Roma, early girl and butler tomatoes.
Jalapeno, hot banana and red and green sweet pepper

First food garden we've planted since the kids got so busy with school, summer baseball, etc.

Tomatoes:

Roma, cherry, early girl, "normal" ones....

Peppers:

Cowhorn, Anaheim, Hot hungarian, Sweet Green, Sweet Red

Green Beans, Yellow Squash, Cucumbers, and Brocoli

We also have a blackberry, rasberry, and blueberry bush

I mainly grow tomatoes as we eat lots of them.

Tomatoes: Early Girl - ate 3 large ones yesterday sliced with fresh basil, olive oil, salt and pepper, on french bread with a little havarti cheese! Roma, Grape Tomatoes, Beefsteak, Better Boys
Corn
Habenero and Jalapeno peppers
Garlic
Herbs we keep going nearly year round - Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, spearmint, chives, garlic

Never got around to planting a garden. Maybe next year....

Update: Just got done planting a small herb garden with 2 basil plants, mint, sage, dill and thyme. I also planted 2 heirloom tomato plants.

All herbs and vegetable plants were 50% off at the local garden center, so even though we're late in the season, the price made it worth it.

See attached...

Attachments

• CIMG2167.JPG
    CIMG2167.JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 246
  • CIMG2168.JPG
    CIMG2168.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 276
Amelia, Bush Goliath, Beefsteak tomatoes, Jalepeno pepper, sweet peppers, 24 strawberries and 3 grape vines you cant see.

Attachments

• DCP00858.JPG
    DCP00858.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 262
  • DCP00857.JPG
    DCP00857.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 245
  • DCP00856.JPG
    DCP00856.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DCP00855.JPG
    DCP00855.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 259

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts