Status
Please reply by conversation.

philssatellite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2005
Ball Ground, Ga
well i jumped ship and went to direct from dish.i had a 722 with an ota antenna with dish.so far i really like the whole home dvr service but i am missing the antenna recording really bad.does the directv ota module work with my setup to get my antenna back?i have a HR-24d-500 as the main dvr.i sure hope i can get my antenna working and all will be great.

well i jumped ship and went to direct from dish.i had a 722 with an ota antenna with dish.so far i really like the whole home dvr service but i am missing the antenna recording really bad.does the directv ota module work with my setup to get my antenna back?i have a HR-24d-500 as the main dvr.i sure hope i can get my antenna working and all will be great.

Yes, with the AM21 ota dual tuner you can record from local channels ota.

Some 500's currently have an antenna bug, where they blank some recordings. AM21 will work for live, but may be a little buggy for recordings. Give it a try.

ok thanks..i was an installer/owner up until the last part of 2005 and have been out of the game for the last few years..maybe i should have stayed on top of this stuff a little better.i will give that a try sometime.thanks for the input.

It must be noted though that while the D* boxes can record OTA signals they can't record the OTA signal and also record two satellite channels at the same time like the E* boxes.

The D* boxes are limited to 2 recordings at once. When I was with D*, I started with an HR20 and couldn't believe that even though it had 2 SAT and 2 OTA tuners it could only record on 2 at a time. I thought that was one of the dumbest design choices at the time. Well, actually I still think the 2 recordings at once is still dumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts