Magic Static Recovering From Major Surgery

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I made it back home today in record time. My wife ( "Mario Andretti" ) drove most of the way. I had to remind her every now and then to keep it below 100mph. LOL 500 + miles from Salt Lake City to Missoula. She got lost on a wrong turn in Idaho. 7 hrs and 35 min with fuel stops and food.

Most amazing VA hospital and staff there at SLC. I spent all my time in the SICU (surgery intensive care unit). Where I was pampered to the max. It was "Great" I even had a button to push that would bring me a Diet Coke. ;)
Most of the staff was picked up from the big hospital in SLC . I had two guys that were like best friends in there. Even the head of the ward was amazed at the strong rapport I had with those two nurses. Fernando and Al. Even though the VA Hospital in Montana scored the lowest possible score for a VA Hospital, the SLC unit looks like "bleeding edge technology" ;) I would not hesitate to return there if needed.

The room I was in was a "negative pressure" unit with an airlock entry to gown up in. All the rooms are private :) But since I was not communicable they didn't need to use it as a negative pressure room.

A few crappy cellphone shots of my room IMAG0054.jpg IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0056.jpg IMAG0043.jpg IMAG0057.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At what speed will the Montana SP ticket on a clear day with responsible driving away from a city?
Montana has posted speed limits now. No "Safe and Prudent" speed definitions now ;) 80mph as in Utah and Idaho. I would be more afraid of getting a ticket in Montana than elsewhere. But they normally do not look at up to +5mph infractions

Glad to see you made it home okay!!!!

get well soon
I wish it would be soon. After a day of being on my feet with the new bypass in full operation I have begun to understand just how much damage to my lower body has occurred. The neuropathy involved is extensive and painful. I had basically cut the blood to everything below the kidneys. The nerves are starting to be feed again and the healing is beginning. And this will be a case of " I will get as much from this operation as I'm willing to put into it" Therapy will be the strong course of action to take. Maybe Brian was right! I should go for Iron man training ;)

Reactions: Titanium
Glad to hear that you are home. Everyone calls physical therapists masochists for a reason. But, after it is all over almost everyone is thankful that they endured the process.

Take care of yourself and get mended up properly.

Reactions: Magic Static
Cool regarding drive home... Used to drive theough Montana and Utah just so we could speed... many times in the 90's+ and people still passed us like we were standing still!
Must feel really nice to be home, but take care and get better!

GWS Magic...I still owe you one for the help with my Subie's catcon and the bogus P0442 code. I'm still driving that car with 144K on the clock, all original exhaust, and an occasional CEL...but my $12 scanner confirms the situation and clears the code. Thanks in large part to you I'll probably drive that car for quite some time to come - kow! We need good men like you around for a long time...!

Sent from my LG-E980 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)