Maintenance Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I saw in one thread, someone saying that if you have leased equipment, then you have a maintenance agreement built in. But I had that and when I changed to the EA, I paid $95. I should have paid $15 if I had a maintenance agreement. In my Dish account I do not see a maintenance agreement, nor a place to add it. I guess it is a call to a CSR to add it?

Why I am looking is that we are getting a new roof due to hail damage and the dish will come off. I could aim it but it is on the peak of the roof and I do not climb these anymore at my age. Would a maintenance contract cover the cost of the re-mount and re-aiming?

Just PM, Matt Or myself and we will take care of all your issues. The Protection Plan is what you want to have added for the technician visit discount.

If you PM one of the DIRT members on here they should be able to add the protection plan to your account which is $6/mo. With that on your account the tech visit would be $15. And if I were you I would not let the Roofers remount your dish. Not knocking them as I've seen Roofers do a good job remounting them, but have also seen bad ones, and especially with EA a plumb and level mast is extremely important to properly peak the dish.

The protection plan is similar to extended warranties, they look good, but unless you have multiple receiver failures and multiple home visits by Dish techs, you are losing money.

If I need a receiver replaced, without the Protection Plan I pay $15 for shipping - period.

If I need an extremely rare tech visit, I call and subscribe to the Protection Plan, get the visit, then terminate the plan for $25 - I pay less than $30 for the tech visit - it takes 3 tech visits for me to be in the red compared to a years subscription to the Protection Plan ($72).

If I need 2 tech visits per year (haven't had one for 2 years) and one receiver replacement (had one about 6 months ago) my method just about breaks me even - $75 vs $72.

As a matter of fact, the last tech visit I had was for a receiver upgrade, not for anything wrong with my system.

I thought it was $15 plus the $25 cancellation fee? Either way I agree with your sentiment. Overall if you have 1 tech visit or less per year then the protection plan is pointless (IMHO.)

I just hope that us talking about this doesn't make DISH come up with something else that forces the protection plan (aka making it somehow cost more to only use it when you need it, or can't qualify for plan benefits unless only had plan for certain amount of time, hope I didn't give anyone any ideas :eek: .)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)