Major 622 BUG Discovered!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
goaliebob99 said:
I have been having this issue with my 622. I'm running it on component outputs and not hdmi as the HD DVD player is on the hdmi port. This was happening on my last 622 also a few weeks before I sent it back. And now its happening on this one too. (Im really thinking its a software issue.) When the 622 does this it also makes a digital sound in the speakers.. its like a stutter.. I know it happens on WLS DT (abc chicago) alot, and I dont think that it has happened on other channels. I do get the digital stutter alot, (assuming that its also a software issue) for digital sound I'm using the optical port. The video deal that im seeing happens atleast once a night.. Sometimes it will last 2 seconds, there has been times where it lasted 30+ seconds (during greys anatomy season finalie) It was happening on the OTA tuner as well as the dish channel.. I have attached pics of what im seeing.. Are any of you seeing this as well and what's the email to dish quaility..

I have seen this OTA, although I don't think the cause is the same as it is here.

The funny thing is, it was also happening on an ABC station (ie 720p).

It happens when you run legacy HDTV stuff (not of the Dish kind - first generation broadcast gear) with newer HDTV stuff (mainly encoders).

Again, this MIGHT be happening at WLS-DT as they are changing their HD stuff out for HD News I believe - but I sort of doubt it.

It is most likely in the Dish Equipment.

goaliebob99 said:
I have been having this issue with my 622. I'm running it on component outputs and not hdmi as the HD DVD player is on the hdmi port. This was happening on my last 622 also a few weeks before I sent it back. And now its happening on this one too. (Im really thinking its a software issue.) When the 622 does this it also makes a digital sound in the speakers.. its like a stutter.. I know it happens on WLS DT (abc chicago) alot, and I dont think that it has happened on other channels. I do get the digital stutter alot, (assuming that its also a software issue) for digital sound I'm using the optical port. The video deal that im seeing happens atleast once a night.. Sometimes it will last 2 seconds, there has been times where it lasted 30+ seconds (during greys anatomy season finalie) It was happening on the OTA tuner as well as the dish channel.. I have attached pics of what im seeing.. Are any of you seeing this as well and what's the email to dish quaility..

On Sunday night as my tv automatically changed to a Lil Local to do a recording, the 622 TURNED OFF, did a reboot, and then started recording. Lost about 2 minutes of the show in the process.

When I came back to watch it about 45 minutes later, I went to the DVR, selected the show, and then start over. When I did this, I got the same split screen, with the show on the top, and vertical bars on the bottom half.

I went to the LIVE button, and it was fine; I then used the rewind feature, and rewound it to the beginning, and the bar was gone.

It has not repeated this since then.

Strange and annoying tales in the world of the 622. Geez, its fun to pay $300 plus (what is it $6 / month) to be what amounts to a beta tester :)

I have the same problem with Dish's LA ABC HD channel, but my OTA ABC channel does not have any problems. This problem showed up at some critical moments on Lost a couple of weeks ago, so I started recording all the ABC stuff using the OTA.

It is my understanding that the LA HD is still in MPEG2, so I don't think we can blame MPEG4 for this problem.

goaliebob99 said:
I got to apologise to the guys who I accidentaly lost there posts.. dont ask me how I did it but it happened.. :eek: I went to go merge the post from the original thread a new thread and It merged all the posts into one post.... then that post was lost... Weird.. any how I do have a back button on my browser to bring you what was said.. But I dont know exactly who said what :( If you did contribute to the post please pm me so I can add your name as the contributer.. Sorry From time to time things happen. :)

This problem was originally discovered by dfergie and this is what was said...

dfergie

I get these breakups on my 622 only on Koat when they put on a news crawl at the bottom of the screen. I have not seen a news crawl on a HD program so I do no know if it does the same thing...

Aussiejohn

Yep same deal with KOAT here, and I don't need to have an HD crawl to cause it. My brother's 622 has the same issue at the same times, doesn't that almost have to be a Dish problem if KOAT OTA is fine?

dfergie

Sounds like it... strange that it only does it when "Breaking News" comes up for me :)

????

It does it for me during regular programs. I recorded Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy on DVR. Shows up during playback on DVR in the middle of the show.

dfergie
Just did it during a commercial on the 5:00 news... first time I have noticed on other than a news crawl. But... I watch Kob for news and weather mostly with Krqe for second opinion weather...

I had this exact same thing on a recording of last week's "Boston Legal" off of KGO-7 HD (not OTA). Looked terrible, and again, I got the wife looking at me going, "what now?".

HDTVFanAtic said:
I have seen this OTA, although I don't think the cause is the same as it is here.

The funny thing is, it was also happening on an ABC station (ie 720p).

It happens when you run legacy HDTV stuff (not of the Dish kind - first generation broadcast gear) with newer HDTV stuff (mainly encoders).

Again, this MIGHT be happening at WLS-DT as they are changing their HD stuff out for HD News I believe - but I sort of doubt it.

It is most likely in the Dish Equipment.

I think they allready have finished there equipment swap.... I havent heard anything.. I know there suppost to be going full hd with the news cast by the end of the month.. Dont know if that date has changed.. It gets annoying.. I know the problem is not signal specific as I have had it happen both on the OTA channel and the Dish HD channel. On WLS_DT I get 97 percent of the signal. I'm ruleing out overmodulation as this has happened on the WLSDT channel through dish.

goaliebob99 said:
I think they allready have finished there equipment swap.... I havent heard anything.. I know there suppost to be going full hd with the news cast by the end of the month.. Dont know if that date has changed.. It gets annoying.. I know the problem is not signal specific as I have had it happen both on the OTA channel and the Dish HD channel. On WLS_DT I get 97 percent of the signal. I'm ruleing out overmodulation as this has happened on the WLSDT channel through dish.

Well, wait a minute. If you have seen this OTA on ABC, then it might be a WLS-DT problem.

Again, they added to their HD equipment, but their is still older generation legacy Professional Broadcast HDTV equipment in line at WLS-DT - much of that still remains.

This is EXACTLY what happened at the ABC station I am speaking of. They purchased a new generation MPEG Encoder and it didn't play well with the older generation equipment feeding it.

I ended up with 4 losts last night out of 2...

Attachments

• 4 losts out of 2.JPG
    4 losts out of 2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 90
dimi1963 said:
I get this not only on the 622 but on the 211s too. Anybody else is exoeriencing this same problem on the 211? Waht do we do? It only happens when I am watching the Locals HD.

I have a similar problem on my 211. The screen just shakes for about 5 seconds at a time. It's really weird. The audio is not affected, but the picture just shakes pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts