Major 622 BUG Discovered!!!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I have been having this issue with my 622. I'm running it on component outputs and not hdmi as the HD DVD player is on the hdmi port. This was happening on my last 622 also a few weeks before I sent it back. And now its happening on this one too. (Im really thinking its a software issue.) When the 622 does this it also makes a digital sound in the speakers.. its like a stutter.. I know it happens on WLS DT (abc chicago) alot, and I dont think that it has happened on other channels. I do get the digital stutter alot, (assuming that its also a software issue) for digital sound I'm using the optical port. The video deal that im seeing happens atleast once a night.. Sometimes it will last 2 seconds, there has been times where it lasted 30+ seconds (during greys anatomy season finalie) It was happening on the OTA tuner as well as the dish channel.. I have attached pics of what im seeing.. Are any of you seeing this as well and what's the email to dish quaility..

Attachments

• Dish Error 001.jpg
    Dish Error 001.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 501
  • Dish Error 002.jpg
    Dish Error 002.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 342
I got to apologise to the guys who I accidentaly lost there posts.. dont ask me how I did it but it happened.. :eek: I went to go merge the post from the original thread a new thread and It merged all the posts into one post.... then that post was lost... Weird.. any how I do have a back button on my browser to bring you what was said.. But I dont know exactly who said what :( If you did contribute to the post please pm me so I can add your name as the contributer.. Sorry From time to time things happen. :)

This problem was originally discovered by dfergie and this is what was said...

dfergie

I get these breakups on my 622 only on Koat when they put on a news crawl at the bottom of the screen. I have not seen a news crawl on a HD program so I do no know if it does the same thing...

Aussiejohn

Yep same deal with KOAT here, and I don't need to have an HD crawl to cause it. My brother's 622 has the same issue at the same times, doesn't that almost have to be a Dish problem if KOAT OTA is fine?

dfergie

Sounds like it... strange that it only does it when "Breaking News" comes up for me :)

????

It does it for me during regular programs. I recorded Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy on DVR. Shows up during playback on DVR in the middle of the show.

dfergie
Just did it during a commercial on the 5:00 news... first time I have noticed on other than a news crawl. But... I watch Kob for news and weather mostly with Krqe for second opinion weather...

Attachments

• Koat_1.JPG
    Koat_1.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 255
  • koat_2.JPG
    koat_2.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 168
  • koat_3.JPG
    koat_3.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 995
Last edited by a moderator:
ok merged everything.. Sorry for the out of order posts its the way the forum merged everything.. :( Im seeing it here on WLS too.. (im in chicago) I think what im experianceing is related to what your all seeing.... Something is not right here..

Last edited:
Bob-
Wow - guess this is actually happening all across the country!

I ALWAYS See it on my HD ABC station out of Philly. ONLY on HD - never on NBC - never on CBS - maybe sometimes on FOX, but rarely. From the looks of these posts, why does it seem to really hit ABC???

Sucks because I watch ABC most of the time - and yes, it happened ALOT during Grey's finale and Housewives - majorly is pissing off the other half.

DISH tried to tell me it's b/c the channel is being sent in 720 and I have my 622 set to 1080, but I tried setting it to 720 and it still happened.

Not sure what it can be - but it is VERY annoying. Glad it's not only me.

I get this not only on the 622 but on the 211s too. Anybody else is exoeriencing this same problem on the 211? Waht do we do? It only happens when I am watching the Locals HD.

psumattDE said:
...I ALWAYS See it on my HD ABC station out of Philly. ONLY on HD - never on NBC - never on CBS - maybe sometimes on FOX, but rarely. From the looks of these posts, why does it seem to really hit ABC???

Sucks because I watch ABC most of the time - and yes, it happened ALOT during Grey's finale and Housewives - majorly is pissing off the other half.

DISH tried to tell me it's b/c the channel is being sent in 720 and I have my 622 set to 1080, but I tried setting it to 720 and it still happened.
Same experience here matt, my description of the issue in another thread. I call 'em green sprinkles on poo...

I've tried 720p/1080i output settings, also with no fix. For me, the artifact is not limited to any type of programming or LiL channel... at least, I think I've seen it on all the HD LiL's at one point or another.

I have a version "C" 622 with L357 on board.

Its funny that the CSR would tell you the problem is due to the 720/1080 conversion since on the last tech chat they said to always use the 1080i setting.

monroef said:
Its funny that the CSR would tell you the problem is due to the 720/1080 conversion since on the last tech chat they said to always use the 1080i setting.

Thats funny as my tv is native 1920 X 1080I... and I allways let it set to 1080I.. I happens.. even when i set it to 720P it happens..

I never really thought it was resolution output from the box, just figured I'd try anything to fix the "green channels with spam" :D

How 'bout bitrates...? Is E* choking these HD LiL's or what? Also, I've read more than a few posts that ABC (local affiliates OTA) has been having problems on a grand scale, so source figures into this how?

I had the exact same thing happen on my 942 several days ago. I rebooted and have not had it since. Interesting thing is that it was not only the HD outputs but also the tuner 2 output.

Geezzz....problem after problem... I'd like to have the new HD channels, but I'm finding it harder and harder to pony up the $$$ and give up my fairly stable 942 (knocking on wood) for the 622.

Having the same issue here in SE Michigan. Have had my 622 for just over a month. Have had to do soft boots to correct the problem. Last night during the Nascar All Star Challenge it did it again. Wife was p....d, to say the least. Hope there is a fix soon!!!!

psumattDE said:
Bob-
Wow - guess this is actually happening all across the country!

I ALWAYS See it on my HD ABC station out of Philly. ONLY on HD - never on NBC - never on CBS - maybe sometimes on FOX, but rarely. From the looks of these posts, why does it seem to really hit ABC???

Not sure what it can be - but it is VERY annoying. Glad it's not only me.

You know, I see this as well on my 622 on the DC ABC HD channel, whether it's recorded or not. I only seem to be watching ABC as of late so I don't know if it's happening with the other networks as well.

Lost, Greys, Alias, and Desparate HW is what I've been recording, and it happens to all of them. It's recorded onto the data because nothing fixes it and if you rewind it's always at the exact same spot.

Maybe an ABC HD or a transmission problem?

Tell you what, I'm recording DHW tonight on WJLA. I'll see if I get the greenie screen and report back here at what point it happened (or happens). If someone else would record it, maybe we could compare results and see if it happens at the exact same spot? If it does, I would say it's a transmission problem.

Original Posts from Albuquerque Thread
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
dfergie
user_online.gif

Proud Staff Member
Proud Staff Member
Visit My Blog Join Date: Sep 2003
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Location: west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
I get these breakups on my 622 only on Koat when they put on a news crawl at the bottom of the screen. I have not seen a news crawl on a HD program so I do no know if it does the same thing...
Attached Thumbnails[URL="http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9186&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436"]http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9186&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436[/URL] [URL="http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9187&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436"]http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9187&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436[/URL] [URL="http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9188&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436"]http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=9188&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1148053436[/URL]​

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Aussiejohn
user_offline.gif

Yep same deal with KOAT here, and I don't need to have an HD crawl to cause it. My brother's 622 has the same issue at the same times, doesn't that almost have to be a Dish problem if KOAT OTA is fine?

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 05:12 PM

dfergie
user_online.gif

Proud Staff Member

Proud Staff Member

Visit My Blog Join Date: Sep 2003

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Location: west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site

Sounds like it... strange that it only does it when "Breaking News" comes up for me :)

I'm curious on these problems if they are not mostly signal strength related. I get the machine gun and breakups only on my OTA or when a thunderstorm comes through. When it is clear and my signal strength on my OTAs is over 80% I have no problems. I also have the 2 500s system. Was wondering how many having this problem are using the 1000 dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)