Major channel changes in May 2019 - All AT&T Video Services

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zidanetribal17

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
United States
In May 2019 there are going to be some major changes to AT&T's three major video services DirecTV (satellite), DirecTV Now and U-Verse TV. WatchTV is unaffected by this changes.

The biggest change and the one that impacts the three services I mentioned above is on May 14, 2019 Nick Jr. will be removed from some base packages.This includes grandfathered packages information can be found at AT&T's Channel Updates site and my friend that works in a loyalty call center clarified this with me as well.

Nick Jr. will no longer be available in the following packages effective May 14, 2019:

NickJr-PkgsRmvl.png

* For DTV and U-Verse this includes the All-Included versions that have them (i.e. Select & Select (All Included)).

Starting on May 14, 2019 new customers and winback customers must subscribe to the following packages to get Nick Jr.
  • DirecTV: Family (standard only, must call in to request), Choice, Xtra and above (standard & All Included). There is no change to any of the Spanish language packages.
  • DirecTV Now: Plus & Max (current) / Choice and above (current) / Just Right and above (grandfathered not available to new/returning subs) / No change to any Spanish language packages
  • U-Verse TV: U300, U300 Latino, U400, U400 Latino
For DirecTV (satellite) and U-Verse TV customers in an affected base package check AT&T's Channel Updates site on April 17, 2019 as there will be instructions to opt-in to keep Nick Jr at no additional cost.

For DirecTV (satellite) subscribers 2 channels will be added to more packages while 1 new channel will be added on May 19. 2019 and they are:
  • Boomerang: Added to Select, Entertainment, Choice and Xtra
  • Revolt: Added to Select and Entertainment
  • CNN International (new): Added to Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate & Premier (Preferred Xtra excluded)

Well Nick Jr in a way is a big change if not for the channel its a change in their business model. I've never heard of D* removing channels from a grandfathered package before except when they dropped the channel from the lineup entirely. I've never heard of them also asking customers to opt-in to keep a channel. When they took LMN out of Choice a few years back anyone who had Choice at that time got complementary LMN automatically while Entertainment Classic, Total Choice, Preferred Xtra and Choice Xtra Classic still has LMN. They are taking Nick Jr out of all those pkgs and asking customers to opt-in if they wish to keep it at no additional charge. Major change makes me think what other channels they can chip out of the older packages to get people onto the newer packages.

Since I'm getting my RSN without the 8.49 fee they charge in my area, I'm not changing from Preferred XTRA.

Well Nick Jr in a way is a big change if not for the channel its a change in their business model. I've never heard of D* removing channels from a grandfathered package before except when they dropped the channel from the lineup entirely. I've never heard of them also asking customers to opt-in to keep a channel. When they took LMN out of Choice a few years back anyone who had Choice at that time got complementary LMN automatically while Entertainment Classic, Total Choice, Preferred Xtra and Choice Xtra Classic still has LMN. They are taking Nick Jr out of all those pkgs and asking customers to opt-in if they wish to keep it at no additional charge. Major change makes me think what other channels they can chip out of the older packages to get people onto the newer packages.

It sounds like it. I also consider that contract renewals for programming may have less inclusion for a grandfathered package because of how AT&T manages.

I was looking at the differences between Xtra and Xtra Classic. It was for what one has the other does not. Xtra has FM HD, Olympic Channel HD, and UniMas HD. Xtra Classic has El Rey Network HD and Univision Deportes HD. The new regular packages, with the change, will have Xtra having Nick Jr HD (while Xtra Classic no longer will; there will be people who forget to opt in).

Perhaps Xtra Classic is going to get eliminated with the next price increases. Those routinely happen in January or February in most recent years.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It sounds like it. I also consider that contract renewals for programming may have less inclusion for a grandfathered package because of how AT&T manages.

I was looking at the differences between Xtra and Xtra Classic. It was for what one has the other does not. Xtra has FM HD, Olympic Channel HD, and UniMas HD. Xtra Classic has El Rey Network HD and Univision Deportes HD. The new regular packages, with the change, will have Xtra having Nick Jr HD (while Xtra Classic no longer will; there will be people who forget to opt in).

Perhaps Xtra Classic is going to get eliminated with the next price increases. Those routinely happen in January or February in most recent years.

I believe I have ElRey on my XTRA Standard...

Here is the deal. If they remove it 99% of the customers won’t notice it, and so many customers won’t care.

The ones that complain they give it away for free.

If this is successful I can see this happening with many other channels

People who have young children are the ones more likely to notice Nick Jr. gone from Xtra Classic.

Your point is good. It is kind of like those receipts one gets, from a fast-food restaurant, asking people to fill out a survey and then write down a verification code—so the customer gets a free whatever with his next visit. People don’t want to give their time.

People who have young children are the ones more likely to notice Nick Jr. gone from Xtra Classic.

Your point is good. It is kind of like those receipts one gets, from a fast-food restaurant, asking people to fill out a survey and then write down a verification code—so the customer gets a free whatever with his next visit. People don’t want to give their time.
Viacom is about to start chopping channels...my guess is nickjr is no longer a priority

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts