Major Issues...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chgar44

Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
So I have D* w/ HD DVR Plus. Suddenly I cannot get any of my local HD's or ESPN HD (I do get ESPN2 HD). I also can't get any of the HD Suite except HD Net. There are also several SD channels I can't get including ESPN (206).

When in set up, I have the following sats "Fail" 110, 99(b) and 103(a & b).

I have checked every connection in my system and all seem fine.

The error message I get is "Searching for signal on Satellite in 2 (and 1).

Again, I used to get all of these channels fine and now I don't (for no apparent reason). I thought maybe the dish got moved, but it is fine and sturdy, I couldn't even move it if I tried without loosening it.

Spoke with Tech support and they are clueless. They want me to pay $70 for a tech to come out. That seems outregeous and wanted to see if any of you have any advice before I throw down the cash.

Any ideas?

I do have the "B" band converters and no multi-switch that I can find.

1st off - WELCOME!

There is a switch on the dish itself; in the LNB array.

Is you dish aimed near any trees or other obstructions?

Is it raining its butt off near you?

Even if it seems "sturdy" it might still be aimed incorrectly or not at peak and can't hurt to check.

Last edited:
Problems just started. Was fine up until about 3wks ago...

No trees or obstructions...

I live in NC and can't remember the last time it rained...

Do you have multiple TVs connected? If so, are they all acting funny?

Have you tried a total reset; back to the initial setup?

Yes, have an SD TV upstairs and it does have the same probs on the SD channels.

I have hit the reset button and have gone through Set-up many times. Not sure how to do a "total reset"

Spoke with Tech support and they are clueless. They want me to pay $70 for a tech to come out. That seems outregeous and wanted to see if any of you have any advice before I throw down the cash.

Any ideas?

I do have the "B" band converters and no multi-switch that I can find.

If it's happening on all of your TV's/receivers, then the issue can be one of three things. The dish is not peaked correctly/something obstructing LOS. The LNB failed. Or there is an issue in the grounding.

As far as the $70 goes, that is D*'s standard rate if you don't have the protection plan.

What type of dish do you have? The AT-9 or the AU-9 Slimline? If it is the AT-9, check the little cables connecting the 110/119 LNB's to the arm.

I have always suspected the dish may have moved somehow, but I have no idea how to move it with any accuracy... Any suggestions?

Also, how would I check the grounding?

I have the Slimline...

Thus the service fee if you do not have the protection plan or access to a friend that knows. Do you have either?

I had the same problem here, but all is well now. I talked to amber in tech support for about 45 min. She was extremely nice, helpful and patient. She scheduled a service call for Friday, but I cancelled it after all my channels came back. I talked with Ashley to cancel the service call and she told me they were having a problem on their end. They were both very nice and helpful.

Make sure you are set up still for 5LNB. You may have gotten reset to 3LNB last week after a firmware upgrade.

I have the protection plan because of all the lightning in our area but I think it sucks out loud. We LEASE the equipment. Do you pay the home owners insurance on a house that you lease? NO you don't. You pay for a contents policy. As long as they equipment is theirs we should not have to pay to get it fixed.

I have the protection plan because of all the lightning in our area but I think it sucks out loud. We LEASE the equipment. Do you pay the home owners insurance on a house that you lease? NO you don't. You pay for a contents policy. As long as they equipment is theirs we should not have to pay to get it fixed.

With the protection plan, you are not paying for the equipment to be replaced...you're paying for the technician to come out and fix it.

The heck I'm not!!! Here is the exact verbage off of the D* website:

Covering the cost associated with replacing defective equipment, including remotes and receivers
Coverage of wiring, satellite antenna, connections/switches and more
Power surge-related repairs
Dish antenna realignments
24-hour technical support
In-home service calls

In home service calls is the LAST thing on the list. Looks to me that they are gearing the plan right at the equipment.

And without the protection plan, they will still ship you a replacement receiver for the cost of shipping if needed. With the protection plan, the cost of shipping is covered. They are not going to make you spend another $300 to replace a leased HR20, for example (provided you haven't intentionally damaged it).

$72 per year or $70 per visit...your choice.

I had the same problem here, but all is well now. I talked to amber in tech support for about 45 min. She was extremely nice, helpful and patient. She scheduled a service call for Friday, but I cancelled it after all my channels came back. I talked with Ashley to cancel the service call and she told me they were having a problem on their end. They were both very nice and helpful.

Same problem here in CT. No HD channels (except HBO and SHO). ESPNHD gone. YESHD gone. Everything says error 721 - Channel not purchased. I spoke w/CS for about :40 minutes, and we went through a number of resets on their end and mine, and still no resolution. They are sending out a tech on Tuesday, which is awful because I miss all of the NFL games in HD this week. Hopefully, the problem just resolves itself. Guy I spoke with said about 1/2 of the customers were having this issue today.

Same problem here in CT. No HD channels (except HBO and SHO). ESPNHD gone. YESHD gone. Everything says error 721 - Channel not purchased. I spoke w/CS for about :40 minutes, and we went through a number of resets on their end and mine, and still no resolution. They are sending out a tech on Tuesday, which is awful because I miss all of the NFL games in HD this week. Hopefully, the problem just resolves itself. Guy I spoke with said about 1/2 of the customers were having this issue today.

YESHD suffered a fire earlier this week was off the air. I haven't heard if they are back on line yet.

My first post after being a long-term lurker.

The same issue happened to me. Lost my entire HD suite except HBO. fter about two hours on the phone they discovered they had a major computer glitch that put a disconnect code on the HD channels on many accounts. They ha to jump through a few hoops, but got it turned back on eventually.

So, do not pay for a service call for this issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts