Major network shakeups in Nebraska and North Dakota

Right, Gray owns KVLY, but according to the info linked, MMB is going to manage KVLY also.
I can find very little relevant info on MMB/Ravi Kapur tho-. So now I'm left with a big ??????????
Tell ya what he should do with the KX4 (uhf38) transmitter: COZI, Antenna, GRIT (and others) then get on the bottom tier of Midco cable. Unless he's planning another station aimed at minorities. Don't know what that would be, as the vast majority are German, Polish, Norwegian and Swedes. Think the Asian, African, MidEast market would be far too small and most are 'city dwellers' on cable where that's already 'covered'.
MOF, I know where there's another unused digital TV transmitter NW of Grand Forks he could probably get for a lot less than 75K . (Been off the air for over 2 years KCPM[also leaving Midco Cable at the end of the year])

Right, Gray owns KVLY, but according to the info linked, MMB is going to manage KVLY also.
that can't be right. Why would Gray buy the station to let someone else run it?

I can find very little relevant info on MMB/Ravi Kapur tho-. So now I'm left with a big ??????????
they have one station in Chicago and all it has is infomercials and ethnic stuff
http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=wrjk#station

Tell ya what he should do with the KX4 (uhf38) transmitter: COZI, Antenna, GRIT (and others) then get on the bottom tier of Midco cable.
That would be nice. But highly unlikely that would happen.

Its sad that some markets have low powered stations and they do just that. Load up the "good" subchannels that aren't carried in the market

Minneapolis as example has 7 low powered stations. 2 Spanish and 5 religious

I've met Ravi and he seems like a good guy. He owns Diya TV. I don't know what his plans are for KXJB, but I can't imagine him programming for a group that doesn't exist in that area.

- Trip

Reactions: Mr Tony
I know where there's another unused digital TV transmitter NW of Grand Forks he could probably get for a lot less than 75K . (Been off the air for over 2 years KCPM[also leaving Midco Cable at the end of the year])
KCPM is back on the air. Not with MyNetwork, but AMG
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/391243-fargo-nd-hdtv-67.html#post29739585
Going out to check for myself now.
Drove to within 10~12 miles from transmitter site. Didn't scan in although the scan held on 27 for what seemed a while longer than other channels, and rf channels that do have a channel, so maybe there is something there but a lot weaker than it used to be. Back when they first went digital I could easily get it at near 25 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
Yup, but what I saw, just a few seconds ago, was an exterior view of the sunset thru the trees and a snow covered landscape. Only for a few seconds, and now a blank screen. Sig strength/Q is right up there tho-. Will be watchin' to see what transpires on KNDF-TV

Pardon me if this has been addressed somewhere, but wasn't Fox in dispute with satellite in ND and not carried? Did this epic shake-up fix that or not?

Pardon me if this has been addressed somewhere, but wasn't Fox in dispute with satellite in ND and not carried? Did this epic shake-up fix that or not?
If I remember right it did. Directv does carry the Fox in Western ND now.

If I remember right it did. Directv does carry the Fox in Western ND now.

Yes, I once suggested that a viewer "move" to a neighboring DMA who was in the western ND DMA but lived in the DMA's coverage in Montana and you said that was a Fox "no man's land" or something to that effect. No other spotbeams that had Fox were receivable, something along those lines. That is good news for the people there.

new lineup right now on RF38 PSIP 4

4-1 infomercials
4-2 cozi TV
4-3 blank
4-4 blank
4-5 Grit
4-6 Escape

TripinVa posted something over at avs in regards to an e-mail from the owner

He wrote back and said that it would be premature to give a lineup, so I imagine that not all of the deals are done yet. He did say "There is much more to come. The folks there are going to be pleasantly surprised."
I wonder what else they will add. Also wonder how many subchannels they will do?

looks like the new owner of the stations Gray sold to them needs a little more time to get back on the air

Legacy Broadcasting tells the FCC its newly-acquired stations in Nebraska and North Dakota aren't yet ready to come back on the air. KNHL/5 (Hastings, NE; formerly KHAS-TV), KNDB/26 (Bismarck, ND; formerly KNDX), and KNDM/24 (Minot, ND; formerly KXND) went silent last June after Gray TV moved their former affiliations to its own stations. Legacy then bought the licenses. The new owners tell the FCC in requests for special temporary authority to remain silent that "equipment that Legacy acquired was insufficient for immediate resumption of broadcast operations" and that it expects to return the stations to the air in advance of the statutory one-year deadline for the licenses to remain valid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)