Major News in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We receive FOX SUNDAY MORNING NEWS in HD from our local FOX station OTA. Don't depend on D* to provide you anything in HD. In fact the have recently renegotiated the HD sports blackout rules to take away much of the HD sports they were already providing. See my recent post titled BLACKOUT.

I'm sure they will be in HD soon, but not on D*
Just like HGTV and National Geographic

I'm sure all of the news reporters around the world (especially in the middle east) are looking forward to lugging HD cameras around with them.......

leww37334 said:
We receive FOX SUNDAY MORNING NEWS in HD from our local FOX station OTA. Don't depend on D* to provide you anything in HD. In fact the have recently renegotiated the HD sports blackout rules to take away much of the HD sports they were already providing. See my recent post titled BLACKOUT.

Fox News Sunday is NOT HD. It's widescreen SD.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
yes fox or cnn or msnbc are news outlets i believe right? And spare me the sarcasm...just a simple question
:river

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. And I didn't say it as anything against you. All I'm saying is that I find any "news" put out by Rupert Murdoch's networks to be quite laughable.

Anyway, as far as I've seen so far none of the big news outlets are broadcasting in HD. Even the NBC Nightly News doesn't broadcast in HD yet. Some of the locals in the NY area have been touting HD cameras on their news choppers, but I have yet to see them broadcasting any HD feeds from them during their airings. News programs or 24/7 channels will probably be the last to make the HD jump.

fkostyn said:
I'm sure all of the news reporters around the world (especially in the middle east) are looking forward to lugging HD cameras around with them.......

Pro grade HD camcoders and not that big and expansive. You can go and look b & h photo for that, pro version with NTSC and PAL both feature is less then 5K. I read somewhere BBC is updating most of their field cameras with HD verions. Studio versions are big and bulky and expansive but so dose the original non HD cameras . You can also get sony camcoder for 1000 which is HD.

GeorgeLV said:
Fox News Sunday is NOT HD. It's widescreen SD.

Could it be in HD? I ran into it looking for MTP and it looked to be in HD OTA in Madison. It was widescreen as you mentioned also. :confused:

PoitNarf said:
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. And I didn't say it as anything against you. All I'm saying is that I find any "news" put out by Rupert Murdoch's networks to be quite laughable.

Anyway, as far as I've seen so far none of the big news outlets are broadcasting in HD. Even the NBC Nightly News doesn't broadcast in HD yet. Some of the locals in the NY area have been touting HD cameras on their news choppers, but I have yet to see them broadcasting any HD feeds from them during their airings. News programs or 24/7 channels will probably be the last to make the HD jump.

The news segments HDNet does are good looking and it would be great to really "see" what is going on. Seeing, in HD, what Katrina did was shocking. To see the alga and green bacteria growing on walls once submerged etc. was incredible.:(

24/7 HDNews

I think that many people should give HDNews a look if you haven't already. They have been on the air for 2 1/2 years (Voom and now Dish Network - Can you imagine the amount of HD footage they have in their library.). The MidEast Crisis coverage is strong, there is a lot more day-of HDvideo of national news events, and to supplement the lack of international HD footage, they seem to have come up with a unique way of presenting the world headlines using and SD/HD combination at the beginning of their show. They also are an actual news station, without the editorializing and skewing that the other networks exhibit.
Also, the amount of sports highlights that are shown rival anything on ESPNHD in my opinion.

To answer the question, when are the 24/7's going to go HD? Not for a long time...they may upgrade their field cameras and control rooms, but there are hundreds of affiliates out in the country and world that the 24/7 SD's rely on to get their footage from, and many of those smaller affiliates are not going HD in the news dept's any time soon.

That's my thought......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts