Major problem with my ViP612

ViP622

Original poster
Oct 28, 2009
the us
Ok, I can't seem to consistently avoid this problem of my receiver just rebooting constantly whenever I turn my TV on. The receiver just reboots every time. Has anyone else had this problem? Sometime it freezes and I have to hold the power button but that's rare, I'm on my second receiver.

Also I didn't realize that I put this in the main forum and not one of the tech sub forums so if someone could move it that would be nice

Last edited:
If you have it plugged into a s surge suppressor, try plugging it directly into an outlet. That seemed to settle mine down a bit but I still ended up getting it replace because it would stop responding to the remote and freeze.

The bottom line is , and no matter what Dish says, this model has issues.

If you have it plugged into a s surge suppressor, try plugging it directly into an outlet. That seemed to settle mine down a bit but I still ended up getting it replace because it would stop responding to the remote and freeze.

The bottom line is , and no matter what Dish says, this model has issues.
Yeah I was arguing on the phone with the tech for a good 30 minutes, with him trying to tell me it was my TV that was causing the receiver to reboot.. yeah right. I asked him why this doesn't happen with my 211 and he had no answer for me.

But yeah I do have it plugged into the wall, I've had it in my surge protector too and it made no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts