Point Dish Screen-Help Please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm a little confused by the "Point Dish" Screen. When I bring it up, under "Dish" it offers me: 300, 500, and Super, but I have a 1000.4 dish. Also, and please forgive my ignorance here, do certain transponders go with certain satellites? I use satellites 61.5, 77, 72.1 EA (Louisville, KY).
BTW: Only 61.5 is listed as a choice in the "instructions" at the top of this screen when I choose a dish (300, 500, Super) the other satellites listed are ones I don't use (110, 129, and something else I think).

One last question. When the strength meter locks on to one of my satellites, like 61.5, why does it have a "W" after it if it's on the EA? (Again, forgive my ignorance, but after a year with Dish, there's still a lot I need to learn.)
Thanks for any help.
Ghpr13:confused:

One last question. When the strength meter locks on to one of my satellites, like 61.5, why does it have a "W" after it if it's on the EA? (Again, forgive my ignorance, but after a year with Dish, there's still a lot I need to learn.)
Thanks for any help.
Ghpr13:confused:

Even though Sat 61.5 is on Dish Network's eastern arc, its physical location is at 61.5 degrees west longitude (61.5 degrees west of the prime meridian).

Ed

The old point screen has not been updated to show eastern arc sats or to do away with superdish. That needs to be done by DISH to write the software to update all their receivers.

Even though Sat 61.5 is on Dish Network's eastern arc, its physical location is at 61.5 degrees west longitude (61.5 degrees west of the prime meridian).

Ed

The old point screen has not been updated to show eastern arc sats or to do away with superdish. That needs to be done by DISH to write the software to update all their receivers.

Thank you both for your replies. That helps to clear things up some. I had a feeling about the "west" being the physical location of the satellite.
What about certain transponders per satellite? Is that how it goes?
Ghpr13:)

Some of the older sats have around 24 transponders and most of the newer birds have 32. Not all transponders are active on all sats in all areas though.

After you get it working, you can go to Menu+6+1+3 and get the signal strengths on all your sats and in the detail t will list up to 4 transponder readings. Those might be good ones to use--for 129 there is only one because the others (<TP17) are spot beams.
-Ken

Some of the older sats have around 24 transponders and most of the newer birds have 32. Not all transponders are active on all sats in all areas though.

After you get it working, you can go to Menu+6+1+3 and get the signal strengths on all your sats and in the detail t will list up to 4 transponder readings. Those might be good ones to use--for 129 there is only one because the others (<TP17) are spot beams.
-Ken

TimberWolf & KKlare,
Thank you. This helps me to understand what I need to learn and how to apply what I learn.
Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)