Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Okay I'm looking to make the switch.
I currently have Dish with 2 seprate sattelite dishes on my house to get my programming I have 2 lines running into my house to run my receivers.
I have HD tv's though out my house and have 2 receivers now a 622 and a 722. Those 2 receivers run a total of 5 tv's in my house all are HD plat panel some are 720 and my big tv is 1080I. What equipment do I need from Direct to match the equipment I have right now? I have 2 UHF remotes 1 for each receiver. Run tv's that are not in the room the receivers is in. So what do I need to look for. Help.... :confused:

Let's start with the dish, you will only need one single dish and one cable run to inside the house if they use a SWM dish.

Once inside the SWM Lnb will feed the receivers using an 8 way splitter. You should get 2 HD-DVrs and 3 HD receivers and add MRV to your order. All 5 receivers can watch recorded shows on the 2 HD-DVRs with MRV. You cannot pause Live TV on the HD receivers only on the HD-DVR receivers but you can watch and pause recorded shows.

Your cost will be high with so many TVs but you can call and see what they can do for you. Total cost will be around $400 to add the receivers. $99 for the second HD-DVR and $99 for each HD receiver.

Forgot to add that SD receivers are free when you're first installed. If you don't need to watch recorded shows and no HD, you could go with an SD receiver to one of those TVs.

If HD is important to you, you should make sure to check DirecTVs lineup before you sign a contract. They have all the sports but are missing a bunch of movie and national channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts